• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

48 hour cool off period

Started by FinsnFur, July 10, 2015, 09:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Wisconsin just lifted (with the help of the governor and some others) the 48 hour waiting period to purchase a handgun here in Wisconsin. I dont know if I'm proud or concerned. I didnt mind the 48 hour cool off period. And yes I've bought new hand guns and had to wait. Never bought one on a wim that I had to have INSTANTLY though. :shrug:
Here's whats funny though...the D.O.J. now has up to 5 days to complete a background check.   :laf: Ok, so what was accomplished?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

We haven't had a waiting period.  You do go through the NICS background check, but other than that you are good to go.  Usually in under 10 minutes.  Seems to work here, but we don't have the brain eating amoeba in our water. . . .  The DOJ/NICS can approve, deny, or hold (up to five days) any NICS application.  Since all of DC already has my social security number I add it to the NICS application and have never had a problem.  True story - years back one of the city police officers got a delay with every application that he filled out for a firearm purchase, but he also refused to give his social security number.  Turned out that there was another resident in Ohio (about 50 miles south of here) that had the same name and a criminal background.  So he always got the delay while they ran his address to see if he was the good guy or the bad guy.

Jerry

KySongDog

In KY, if you have a CCDW license, you do not have to go through a NICS check.   The form still has be filled out (no SSI number required) but it is not called in to the Feds.

FinsnFur

Interesting :confused:  I was always under the impression that the Brady Bill put a nation wide wait period in place. But yea I do see where some states, proof of a previous background check can be used to bypass the NICS check.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com