• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Shotgun sights for turkey

Started by KySongDog, April 11, 2007, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Does anyone here use an adjustable sight for their turkey gun?  If so, what brand would you recommend.

I switched turkey chokes and really like the pattern I got except now its a little low and to the right.  Was thinking an adjustable sight might help.

Thanks

Semp

FinsnFur

I think those reddot halogram sites are the best. Never shot through one but handled a few shotguns with em one. Those things are nice.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

My dad uses a red dot on his browning. He absolutely loves it and uses it in all situations from skeet to deer with great success. His is mounted on the receiver so he can swap out barrels. I'll have to ask him if he adjusts impact point for different barrels/loads.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

I only got started hunting turkeys last year and don't have sights on that barrel.  I did stick on a Hi-Vis bead on the rib and that seemed to work pretty good.  I have used a couple of shotguns that had the halogram sight and I think I could get used to that REAL quick.

Jerry

Ladobe

Semp

I once had a Winchester Auto I put fiber optic sights on.    The rear sight was adjustable, and the contrasting colors worked very well (if you want to stay with open sights instead of a red dot or halogram sight).    Seems like the set was only around $15 and was made by Thompson Center for their muzzleloaders.

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

KySongDog

Thanks for the replies, guys.  (hey, that rhymes   :biggrin: )

I found a Truglo sight I might try.  Although, the thought of patterning my 3 1/2 12ga again is not something I look forward to. 

Or I guess I could just use some good 'ol Kaintuckee windage.   :wink:

Semp