• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New Carry Gun For The Woods

Started by MI VHNTR, July 21, 2016, 08:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MI VHNTR

It finally arrived today, a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm. I have to wait until Sunday to get to camp for some range time. The Glock 20C will be history very soon.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

slagmaker

Sweet! Is that brushed stainless or coated?

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

MI VHNTR

Quote from: slagmaker on July 21, 2016, 08:51:40 PM

It's brushed stainless steel on the sides of the slide and matte stainless on the rest of the Colt.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

slagmaker

Quote from: MI VHNTR on July 22, 2016, 09:13:44 PM
Quote from: slagmaker on July 21, 2016, 08:51:40 PM

It's brushed stainless steel on the sides of the slide and matte stainless on the rest of the Colt.

Sweeeeet!

Hey Jim there's no drool thingy.  :holdon: We need one :wink:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

No drool thingy? I'm drooling jis fine :eyebrownod:

That is a beautiful piece MI VHNTR. Absolutely beautiful. Congrats on the new family member :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That Colt is one fine looking pistol.  I am sure that it will serve you well.  It kind of sounds like you are not real pleased with your Glock.

Jerry

MI VHNTR

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 23, 2016, 08:46:36 AM
That Colt is one fine looking pistol.  I am sure that it will serve you well.  It kind of sounds like you are not real pleased with your Glock.

Jerry

The 1911s feel better in my hand, have a MUCH better trigger and I shoot them better.  Besides, the 1911s just look better. I'm just not a big Glock fan, they just don't feel right to me. And they are fugly.

Here's my Colt 1911 family, the Delta Elite and my CCW, an XSE LWT Commander.

It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Dale

fine looking family you have there... now all you need is a full sized govt model in 45 and a 38super...

the Delta is tricked out nicely...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the update on it fitting you better.  I have a Colt in .45 ACP and took it apart once at the gun shop years ago.  After messing with it for about 45 minutes Richard said 'Give me that pistol' an had it back together in nothing flat.  Shortly after that I got a Glock and can strip it down AND put it back together.   :biggrin:   That is one of the things that I like best about them.  I have the .40 and I can do fairly decent with it.  Two weeks ago I shot my cousin's Colt .45 ACP U.S. stamped pistol and that was fun.  What was even better is that he took it home so I didn't have to clean it.

Jerry

MI VHNTR

Quote from: Dale on July 23, 2016, 08:24:05 PM
fine looking family you have there... now all you need is a full sized govt model in 45 and a 38super...

the Delta is tricked out nicely...

I have a 1911 Government sized pistol, but sadly, it's not a Colt. I mostly run 45 Super in it, but use 45 ACP in it on occasion.  I may replace it with another Colt in the future. The 38 Super has always intrigued me, but I've never had the urge to get one.

Here's the rest of my Colt family. After all, Colt makes more than 1911s.

It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Frogman

WOW!!  Nice pistol.  I'm a 1911 fan myself!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!