• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

End of season

Started by trailtwister, November 20, 2016, 07:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

32F feels like 21F wind NW @ 17mph. by 9:30 am it was down to 32 with a wind chill of 18F and 25 mph winds.  Glad the wood burner was fired up as I came in frozen.

4:40pm in my front yard, first seen at 2:30, he was chasing does.

Buck hammer ruined the heart and lungs he went about 10 feet. I call him a 7 1/2 as one brow tine is broken off.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

nastygunz

Them buck hammers hit on both ends ha ha. Nice buck sir!

slagmaker

I have used buckhammers to teach gun safety. Deadly end vs dangerous end and the effects of recoil.

Nice buck ya got there by the way
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

Nice buck tailtwister!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

trailtwister

:confused: I use a little 20ga Remington 870 slugger, my buck hammers (no longer made and sold.) are just 2 3/4 size.  I had shot my hunting partners 870 12 ga wing master with a Hastings barrel And said I would never buy a 12ga slug gun.

:eyebrownod:   Al

FinsnFur

Nice bodied deer. Well done Al
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Nice job.  :highclap: Congratulations.  :congrats:

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

Congrats trail twister - nice looking buck.  Bruiser of a neck

nastygunz

Not sure why they stopped making the buck hammers they were very popular!

trailtwister

Very popular and worked well. I believe they stopped making them because they worked so well and were cheap and Remington's sales on the copper solids were lagging.

I am going to start reloading my own. Friends have went to Federals power shocks and like they pretty good and they are cheaper than most stuff.

Coulter

Nice one Al! When's dinner? Our rifle season opens up here on Monday. I'm still debating where I want to go :shrug:

trailtwister

I would go where the deer are.

:eyebrownod:   Al

Okanagan

Dandy buck!  In your front yard just ain't fair!

gravesco hunter

If they make a mistake we can reap the benefit,congrats nice buck

trailtwister

second late evening one in the front yard. One before this one was a muzzle loader buck and dropped so I could use the flood lites of the house to dress it.

Okanagan

Quote from: trailtwister on November 23, 2016, 05:35:38 PM
second late evening one in the front yard. One before this one was a muzzle loader buck and dropped so I could use the flood lites of the house to dress it.

Now that is efficient deer hunting!  Good for you.  Wish I could hunt that close to home.

(Typo corrected.  My typo made it sound like I was saying the opposite of what I meant to say!  Anyway, good for you! Well done.)