• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

When falling water freezes

Started by Okanagan, December 14, 2016, 07:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

I am glad that you decided to stop and enjoy the beauty of nature and share it with us.

Jerry

slagmaker

I love frozen waterfalls.

With the cold snap we are having here I want to canoe down sand creek and get some pics of the waterfalls along the cliffs. BUT no one wants to go with. Go figure
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

Quote from: slagmaker on December 15, 2016, 08:14:57 AM

With the cold snap we are having here I want to canoe down sand creek and get some pics of the waterfalls along the cliffs. BUT no one wants to go with. Go figure

I know what you mean.  :biggrin:  Do you have any neoprene gloves for fishing winter steelhead?

I want my wife to take a drive to see frozen waterfalls but she hates any chance of icy road and is dubious.

All of the pics above came from yesterday afternoon and the snow was too deep and unplowed to drive the side logging roads I wanted so I only went five miles beyond pavement on a main haul road before turning around to head home.  The Fraser Canyon gorge must have stupendous ice walls and waterfalls in this cold.

Coulter

When falling water freezes...you climb it :biggrin:

Cool pics...I love looking at the different formations that form from waterfalls.

Going up to Smugglers Notch, VT to try ice climbing for the first time next month. We drove through there prior to any ice forming and I gotta say, I'm a bit nervous knowing what lies ahead.

slagmaker

Quote from: Okanagan on December 15, 2016, 11:06:55 AM
Quote from: slagmaker on December 15, 2016, 08:14:57 AM

I know what you mean.  :biggrin:  Do you have any neoprene gloves for fishing winter steelhead?

Yes on the gloves but I have mine for winter canoeing mostly.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Awesome pics :congrats: That steep terrain offers some good opportunity for that. Thanks for sharing

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com