• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Things

Started by JohnP, October 23, 2017, 04:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Turned seventy-seven today I think, not even sure any more.  Anyhow time to shed some "things" that I have held on to for no apparent reason, "things" that I haven't used for years.  Mandy just walked out the front door with tears in her eyes holding a Winchester Model 70 FW, .308, a Remington Model 700 20.06 and a Weatherby Deluxe 7-08.  Can't remember when I even bought them, just know it's time to let them go.

P.S.
She was not the only one who had tears her dad did also.  Not for any reason other than the fact that she was so happy to have them. 

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Happy birthday, John!

I'm not too far behind you.  Reminds me of the saying, "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."

Things are just that. Things.  People are what matters.  You've got that well in hand me thinks. 

HuntnCarve

Happy Birthday John!  Can't say it any better than Johnny just did.  Those rifles will mean a lot to Mandy.  You know they found a good home.

Dave

Hawks Feather

John,

Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday          Happy Birthday

You are a good man.  Who else gives, rather than gets, presents on their birthday.

Jerry

Okanagan

Happy Birthday!

Yep, Johnny nailed it.  Much more pleasure and reward to see someone's face when you give them something they will treasure, than to merely leave them behind.  You are a good example for all of us at this end of life.

riverboss

Happy Birthday JohnP

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

slagmaker

Happy birthday JohnP.

Hope you had a great day.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

centerfire_223

Happy Birthday John!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

HaMeR

I'm a day late & a dollar short Mr. John but Happy Birthday anyhow!! :yoyo: :yoyo:

I'm right behind you by 20yrs & a day!!  :laf: :laf:

I think it was the heat out there that made your eyes all sweaty. At least it's another option for you to use. Mandy was just plain crying.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

You couldnt have put them in better hands.
Happy Birthday Buddy
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com