• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Black Bear in SW Wi.

Started by FinsnFur, November 25, 2017, 06:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Heading down to the river this morning when I see something the size of cow, jet black in color, gallop across the road.
Too far away to identify I begin to wonder what in the ffff was that?
When I get up to where it crossed I can see clearly its a Black Bear running from a herd of pickups blazing through the corn stuble.
I knew no one would believe me so I turned around to see if I could get a pic. By that time the idiots in the trucks had it turned around in the field headed back where it crossed the road again and I was able to keep distance and get some footage.
The poor thing was exhausted. It was actually smart enough to crawl into the grass on the edges if the little creek it stopped by in the video and remain unseen.
We do not have bears this far south in Wisconsin. Never have. Until now. So this was a pretty big ordeal to the locals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Oh man. What a sight to see, other than the herd of pickups chasing it.

But I guess rednecks come in all areas of the US.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

That looks like a pretty good one! Why do you think they were chasing him? To look at him or what?

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

pitw

Christmas tunes. :confused:
Them were not rednecks as a redneck woulda counted coup. :biggrin:
That looked like a bunch of fella's who wished they had a bear tag.
Had it been around here that blackie woulda been a rug.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Nice video.  The bear was doing a good job of running.  Now as for the 'drivers' they need to be pulled out of their trucks and then chased the same distance that they chased the bear. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

Yeah it was quite the sight for folks down here.
I have no idea why the idiots in the truck were chasing it other than to get pictures. The poor guy sure was exhausted though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 26, 2017, 10:39:59 AM
Nice video. Now as for the 'drivers' they need to be pulled out of their trucks and then chased the same distance that they chased the bear. 

Jerry

My thoughts exactly.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Where is your local fish cops when you need them ! Dang i have a bear tag too,  could have bulldoged him off the back of Jimbo's truck and put the buck knife to him  :innocentwhistle:👍

FinsnFur

You dont see many wardens around here. Once in a great while is about all. Beginning of spring fishing is the only time I've seen anyone. We had a state trooper planted in our small community of 700 a few years back. He tried to befriend the locals and things went south fast. Story has it that he got so many death threats that he up and left. His wife threatened to leave him and he was a mess.
I cant believe how viral that video went. I put it on facebook and the locals lit it up. The stats are different if I view the profile as myself verses the public. Maybe their showing me the shares of the shares and the views of the shares combined.  But when I look at my profile as the public sees it, the video (as of right now) was shared 418 times and took 19 thousand views.
When I view the profile as myself, it says the video was shared 692 times and took 46 thousands views.   :whew:
Holy crap I shoulda put a coin slot on the view button lol
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 28, 2017, 10:40:42 PM
When I view the profile as myself, it says the video was shared 692 times and took 46 thousands views.   :whew:
Holy crap I shoulda put a coin slot on the view button lol

Yep, even at a dime a pop you would have collected $4,600.   :huh:

Jerry

Okanagan

Great video of a rare treat!  The pick-up posse is hard to figure.

JohnP

That is when I would like to have my retired ghillie on, be in my sniper hole with my spotter and start shooting some tires out. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs