• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My sons first Coyote

Started by canine, July 09, 2007, 10:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canine

This evening I was out back working on the pool ladder while Zander was walkin around on the patio blowin his sceery howler and Kee's destroyer call. Low and behold a coyote appears in the fresh cut wheat field behind the house at about 175 yards with nose in the air and lookin for the sounds he had just heard. I told Zander to freeze while I snuck to the garage to get my rifle, when I got back to him the coyote had disapeared behind a hill. I told Zander to start blowin the Kees call again softly, after a series of calls the coyote trots out from behind the hill at about 80 yards and I put it down. My shot did not kill it instantly so Zander got to finish his coyote off with his 22 cricket. He is on cloud 9 tonight and really givin his older brother a good ribbin about him callin a coyote in before Thane has.

I'm proud of him, as he is only 6 years old, he handled the excitement of the coyote and me coaching him real well and coaxed the coyote in. I've got a couple of future coyote callers on my hands. Thane has been practicing his shooting and hopefully he can hit his first coyote this year yet!

Thanks for reading
JD

Bopeye

Outstanding job Zander...........you're well on your way now.  :congrats: :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Nelson

Way to go Zander!!!            :yoyo: :congrats:

That's just great.

Nelson

nailbender

6 years old and already talking coyote !  WTG Zander! :yoyo:

Silencer

a big WTG Zander, great job kiddo !!!!!! 

Hawks Feather

Way to go Zander.  You not only called that coyote in once, but twice.  Then you had to finish off the kill.  Sounds like your dad has a new hunting partner.

Jerry

awh

WTG Zander.  :highclap: :highclap: Your going to have to show us your secret calling technique.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

That's funny  :laf: Aint it about typical though?

I can see you working on the ladder wishin he'd just quit blowin that thing, it's driving you up a wall...and then this happen  :roflmao:

To cool. Well done Zander :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

Jim, you got it right!!  :laf:

He is excited to go this fall. Couple weeks ago I put a red fox darn near in his lap. Plus we killed a coyote on that same stand. I was doin some predation work for a lady that had sheep bein killed.

He is standin here blushing as I tell him how everyone is congratulating him :eyebrownod:  He says thanks.

JD
Zander

keekee

That's my little man right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: Way to go Zander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yoyo:

I could tell on the phone last night he was pumped!!!!!!!!!!  :yoyo:

Man that's awesome! And used my call as well!!!!  :yoyo:

Just so you know Zander! You got a new call coming in a couple weeks when I come up there! One that dad cant take from you...lol :doh2:

And as soon as I get cough up, you got a howler coming as well! You can group howl with dad then! :eyebrownod:

Just don't tell mom I sent them up there! :iroll:

I will see ya in a couple weeks and we can give some high fives then! And break in that new call! :biggrin:

Brent

Arkyyoter

WOOHOO......Way to go little guy!!!

Joe

canine

Brent,I pulled this back up for Zander to see, mom was with him.....she saw your post about not tellin mom :nofgr:

He is excited about the call. I did a little video clip of him callin and howlin, tryin to figure the video applying game out now :huh:

Thanks Guy's
JD

KySongDog

Excellent story!!! Congrats Zander and Dad!   :highclap:   I KNEW I've been doing something wrong.....I've been wearing camo instead of shorts!!  :roflmao:   :biggrin:

HaMeR

That is the coolest story I've read in a while. Way to go Zander!! I think that young fella could be a "Natural"!!   :congrats: :congrats: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

BTW-- Was he doing the "bird distress"?? :laf: :laf:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Greenside

That's a great story! Just think, it will take you fifty years to catch up with my current age, I'm betting that you'll have called in a gazillion coyote by then!   :highclap:  :congrats:

stevecriner

" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

Mallardsr

Now that right there is WAY COOL!  :highclap: RP

Jeb

Theres your sales pitch Kee , " Even a six year old can do it "  , lol  Congrats Zander ! :highclap: :highclap:
                                 Jeb

BTW , which call was he using ??? :innocentwhistle:

keekee

JD! Sounds like you set me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I got to face her in a couple weeks! THANKS! :rolleye:

Jeb,

That's a good slogan! I may just put that up on the website with his pic!  :biggrin:

He had a Kee's Destroyer call in his hand in the picture, that's one I made for JD several years ago.

Brent

canine

:hahaha: Brent, Now you know me better than that....settin you up  :innocentwhistle:  Boy I can hear it now when you give him them noise makers :doh2:

That call is as versitle as a closed reed could get, it does rabbit, deer, bird and I can even get a good pup howl out of it :congrats:

JD