• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

tikka

Started by codfish, October 04, 2007, 05:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codfish

Can anyone tell me if they have the  T3 LITE SYNTHETIC  ยท Blued. I was thinking of getting one in 7 mm mag for moose hunting and was wondering what they are like

FinsnFur

Too much money for this poor boy  :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

It is a wonderful rifle...we have 3 in our group of guys....a 243 and 2 25/06s....I love them. Great trigger, light and accurate....

Joe

FOsteology

I've owned three Tikka's. The T3 Hunter 25-05 (wood stock... which incidentally "Arky" Joe talked me out of!) and a T3 Lite Stainless in both 25-06 and .308

All three were MOA or better right out of the box with factory ammo. The actions are very slick, they feed flawlessly, and the trigger seems like it's all Sako - adjusts effortlessly with an allen wrench (without even removing the barrel and action from the stock) down to a very crisp, safe 2lbs. Plus, they're light and balance well IMO - add this to their function and accuracy and there's a lot of value there, even if they aren't beauty queens and despite the extensive use of plastic.

I ultimately sold my Tikka's as there are certain aspects of the rifle build I do not like, especially for a hunting rig.

1. Liberal use of plastic parts
2. Detachable Clip
3. Hard to load from the breech
4. Action Length..... only 1
5. Plunger ejector and a hook style extractor
6. Synthetic stock feels flimsy and has too much flex