• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2008, 03:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

"The moose are gone, and their bones lie under the sand in the soft coal which was the forest by the estuary, thousands of years ago." - Henry Williamson
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

"I'm a father; that's what matters most. Nothing matters more." - Gordon Brown
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Quote from: coyote101 on August 18, 2009, 05:42:43 AM
"I'm a father; that's what matters most. Nothing matters more." - Gordon Brown

That's a fact Jack  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

"We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds." - Aristotle Onassis
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." - George Bernard Shaw
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joseph Goebbels

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

George Ackley

The patience of the hunter is always greater than that of the prey.
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

pitw

Quote from: George Ackley on August 20, 2009, 07:28:03 AM
The patience of the hunter is always greater than that of the prey.

I'm agreeing with this only to a point George and the point is at -40F :wink:

coyote101

"I have never been in a natural place and felt that it was a waste of time. I never have. And it's a relief. If I'm walking around a desert or whatever, every second is worthwhile." - Viggo Mortensen
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Quote from: coyote101 on August 21, 2009, 05:40:12 AM
"I have never been in a natural place and felt that it was a waste of time. I never have. And it's a relief. If I'm walking around a desert or whatever, every second is worthwhile." - Viggo Mortensen

I wonder what he would have said about Cabelas :wo: :puke:

coyote101

"Do not consider it proof just because it is written in books, for a liar who will deceive with his tongue will not hesitate to do the same with his pen." - Maimonides
NRA Life Member

KySongDog

............. or keyboard.  :wink:

vvarmitr

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao: @ ^^^^^^^

Amen Semp! :eyebrownod:

coyote101

"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." - Henry David Thoreau
NRA Life Member

coyote101

This one was suggested by HaMeR.
"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."
- Thomas Jefferson
NRA Life Member

coyote101

"If you see a snake, just kill it - don't appoint a committee on snakes." - Ross Perot
NRA Life Member