• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Added another coyote this am.

Started by yucca, February 10, 2008, 01:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yucca

Well it was a pretty tough morning calling. We were able to get in 7 stands.  There were no takers on the first stand. On the second stand we got into a howl off with several different coyotes in different directions. We were able to pull the coyote to the west of us pretty close but he never did show himself.

The third stand we set up over a dry open wash. I got the elevated position my partner chose to stay in the wash to cover my backside and be in shotgun range of incoming coyote. Well I watched 3 coyotes come in and I signaled my partner to get ready. All three were acting very skittish. We could not get those coyotes to come out into the open. This female showed up on a small rise. She wouldn't come in any closer so I popped her at about 180 yds. We could not get the other two to show themselves again.

Here she is:

Getting a nice restfull sleep:

Loaded up in the truck:

No others showed up for the dinner bell the rest of the morning. It's starting to get to be some tough calling.

kyfuzzyface

Some days are tuff
way to go another one bite the dirt!!!
Fuzzy

FinsnFur

Job well done :yoyo:
What is that background she's laying in white sand? Mannnnnn it looks warm down there.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Congrats.....sounds like a good day out and about.

Bob D

That is pretty female coyote. I like her colors. Congratulations on a successful hunt.