• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Little Piggie for the Grill

Started by FOsteology, April 15, 2008, 09:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

I haven't killed a hog all year.... until last night. Haven't had as much time to hunt hogs as previous years. Time I do have for the field, has been spent trying to get my nephews on a good boar.

Finally had an opportunity to hunt for myself last night. A friend of mine has been having some trouble with the feral hogs rooting up a recently planted field. Last night just before midnight we crept out to the field and started glassing and spotted the hogs approx. 400 yards out. We slowly crept in to about 140 yards and I lined up on the biggest hog with my 30-06 shooting 180gr. Nosler Partitions.

Dropped him where he stood. Bullet entered the neck and exited the far shoulder. Dressing him out we found what was left of the 180gr. Nosler Partition under the hide. Blew the front half off and had tiny lead fragments peppered throughout the shoulder.

Boar tripped the scale at 192lbs.

Pretty clean boar and no strong smell, so he's going on the pit this weekend.  ;D

cb223

SWEET!

What time will it be done, I'm hungry!
CHAD

FinsnFur

Yeah, are we required to like bring a dish to pass or whats the plan?  :shrug:

Dont you love finding the bullet like that. I've always been fascinated with their expansion.
Nice looking hog...I can almost smell the BBQ pit now.  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

BBQ hog......yum, yum! 

I killed a russian boar with a bow back in my younger days when I could climb a tree a whole lot faster.  Tasted pretty good.  :eyebrownod:

Congrats!

Semp

DirtyDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 15, 2008, 09:56:57 PM
Yeah, are we required to like bring a dish to pass or whats the plan?  :shrug:

Dont you love finding the bullet like that. I've always been fascinated with their expansion.
Nice looking hog...I can almost smell the BBQ pit now.  :biggrin:

No Jim it is not sloppy Joe's.  :roflmao:

Nice work.....FOsteology.  :yoyo:

Frogman

Way to go.  I like these stories with lots of pictures!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I love fresh BACON !!!!

LORDDAL

Quote from: Silencer on April 16, 2008, 03:47:59 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I love fresh BACON !!!!
:yoyo: I was just thinking the same thing and some nice smoked ham mmmmmmmmm good
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Nice looking hog.  How many do you think you have shot over the years?

Jerry

FOsteology

Going to BBQ the backstraps and tenders tomorrow. Have had them marinating since yesterday evening.

Jerry..... I lost count many years ago!

Hawks Feather

My count is much easier - 0

Jerry

coyote101

Thanks for the story and pictures.  Hog hunting is something I've always wanted to try. Maybe someday soon I'll get a chance.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing