• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

.204 ABolt Gets New Facelift

Started by bootmud, August 02, 2008, 10:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootmud

First I sanded the existing clear coat to give the paint a nice surface to adhere to.  This wasn't very fun but I figured it would be better in the long run.

Then I folled up by tapeing what I didn't want painted.

Next was a good base coat.  I was looking for a more open pattern that wasn't to dark. I think if they are to dark they just look black at a distance so I used the two lightest colors (green & tan).

Then I started with the stencils using the dark brown color, then I added some with the tan as well. 

I couldn't resist personalizing it a bit.  Each side of the end of the barrel got a Backstabber logo. :grin:

Next I added a coat of flat clear coat to help protect from chips and flakes.  I removed the tape and put the sling back on and now it's ready to make some noise. ;)

Thanks for all the input all of you gave!

bootmud

www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Nice job :bowingsmilie:.  Just don't turn your back on it as you might not find it again. :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

bootmud

I forgot to mention, and this is no joke.  My wife came out when I was just about done, she picks up a can of the camo paint and says.....

" Camo paint?  How does this work?  How many colors come out at one time?" :doh2:

Did I mention she's a blonde. :whew:
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

wv_yoter

Quote from: bootmud on August 02, 2008, 11:32:24 AM
I forgot to mention, and this is no joke.  My wife came out when I was just about done, she picks up a can of the camo paint and says.....

" Camo paint?  How does this work?  How many colors come out at one time?" :doh2:

Did I mention she's a blonde. :whew:

Sounds like something my wife would say :laf:
Jason

Coulter

Nicely done...did you put any kind of clear coat over to prevent chipping or wear?

Oh...my daughter just finished mowing our grass you want me to send her your way :nono:

Steve

bootmud

Quote from: Coulter on August 02, 2008, 02:37:46 PM
Nicely done...did you put any kind of clear coat over to prevent chipping or wear?

Oh...my daughter just finished mowing our grass you want me to send her your way :nono:

Steve

:biggrin:  Yes, I put 2 coats of mat clearcoat.  Please send here asap.  There's an Andrew Jackson sitting on the counter for her when she's finished.  I've been putting the grass off for the last week. :laf:
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

HaMeR

:shck:

:confused:

:shrug:

What gun??

:laf: :laf:  Thats a cool lookin rig right there boot!! I say ya done good!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Very nice. I really like the way you left the checkering unpainted.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Bopeye

That is one sweet looking paint job. Ya did good pal.  :huh: Oops that's Ackleys pet name. Sorry.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls