• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hevi-shot

Started by Frogman, January 08, 2009, 01:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

Hevi-shot was being made by Hevi-shot. Then Remington saw what Hevi-shot had & had Hevi-shot make for them.  Good move for Hevi-shot, it got their name out to the general public. Now for whatever reason Hevi-shot isn't making it under Remington now as far as I can see.  :shrug:

Hevi-shot's Dead Coyote load is in T shot which is a 20 caliber size.
They also make it in a 00buck as well.

alscalls

The difference between Dead coyote .20 shot and The load Jim has....  .17 I could care less if it is 20 yds or 45yds that would be a dead dog.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Rich

I believe the density of the shot pellet is exactly the same.......I believe the load is a little different but will smack a coyote just as dead. The choke and shot combination are listed on the web site.
"Answer this for me fellas......When Remmington Hevi shot first came out.......that is all there was.
Since it has changed to just Hevi shot......and they put umpteen loads for different game animals on the market.....What has changed? The marketing? Or is each pellet some sort of animal tracker......Like a duck load sniffs out a duck......A coyote load sniffs out a coyote?
I think the loads you bought are going to impress you and at a cheaper price cause it has a duck on the box."
------------------------------------------
You need to check the box for "ounces of shot" they put in the hull. Duck loads have less pellets than goose loads. "Dead coyote" is loaded with T size pellets.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Frogman

I called Hevi-Shot and talked to a guy named Ralph.  He told me that they specially formulate the pellets for each type of load.  If you buy No. 4 shot in all their different loads the hevi-steel has the less dense pellets, though they are still heavier than steel.  The Duck loads are next and they are less dense than lead, but denser than the hevi-steel.  Then the Turkey loads which are more dense than lead.  Each different load has different amounts of shot and powder to give them different velocites.  He told me that the Duck loads I got would shoot tighter patterns than lead because the pellets would not deform on firing like lead would, thus creating a tighter pattern, but that they were not as dense as No. 4 lead shot.   Said they sould be good on coyotes out to 35 yards or so.  But the Turkey loads which have heavier No. 4 pellets would be better for coyotes at further ranges.  The B shot Duck loads I bought should do well on coyotes out to 40 yards or so, but once again the B Turkey loads would do better.  The Dead Coyote T shot is specially designed for coyotes and of course would be the best. 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

I still say each pellet of the same size no matter what is on the box will be the same density....And weight.
Accept for the duck loads @ 25 per box they are different.
Changhing the load is just a marketing thing.
be it .17 or .20 I think they will do fine .........shooting at a coyote at 60 or 70 yards???? Nuts with a shotgun today.

Rich:
I have done the math and hold a ASS degree on metallurgy . I am not saying I am 100% right I am just saying something dont add up. You take 1 ounce of 4's from one kind and 1 ounce of 4's from another........Figure it down too the pellet and they weigh the same. You take the old Rem. hevi shot and start a new company?... you aint gonna change your production line each time you change the load and the pic on the box :nono: You will use the same Mat. and change the pellet size to save on cost.
I could be wrong but I am betting I aint.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls