• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Redhead wool hunting socks?

Started by cathryn, February 24, 2009, 05:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

with the lifetime guarantee never to wear out or they replace em for free
.any of you guys wear em and what do you think of them if you do? im looking into buying a few pair and wonderd if theyre as good a pair of socks as they claim them to be.

bigben

after wearing a lot of different hiking socks I think I found the best socks period.  I started out with thorlo hiking socks when we went to philmont.  I also tried some old wool socks.  I liked the way wool socks wicked away moisture but did not like how hot they were.  so I settled for synthetic.  this fall a buddy said something about marino wool socks.  and stated that is all he ever wears anymore.  at the eastern sports and outdoor show a few weeks ago a guy was selling factory rejects.  I figured for 20 bucks for 6 pair it was worth it even if I did not love em.  well brought em home and I can tell you even without liner socks these things are crazy comfortable.  I allmost hate slipping on a cotton sock anymore.  I have problems with my feet getting to hot and well they sweat bad in boots.  exspecially in any temp above 40 deg even with just regular work boots.  these wool socks keep my feet dry and warm.  even though they feel warm while wearing them at work the moister wicking properties of these socks make em worth while.  if I would have known I would have liked em this much I woulda bought more. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

cathryn

i wear wool socks right now almost everyday with my boots.

theyre 88 percent merino wool and they sell the kind ive got at Tractor Supply.

thing is Jerry wears them too and he wears them everyday without fail and has worn out many a pair in the heel.

i figured if these were that good then either he wouldnt have to buy anymoree cause they wont wear out or if they do wear out he'll get a pair free.

well...when i put it like that i guess i got nothin to lose by gettin a couple pair for him to try out, lol.

where is the eastern sports and outdoor show held each year?

iahntr

I bought a pair of these last year. So far I've just wore them for huntin.
I can't see any wear to em yet. I haven't tried many different types of socks,
or spent much money on em before, but I think these are probably the best
socks I've used. I'd definitely buy em again. As far as how long they hold up to
everyday use ??? I say go for it and give em a try.
Scott

Scott

bigben

harrisburg,pa only the biggest sports show east of the mississippi.  It is normally held in the beggining of february. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.