• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Any idea what kind of dog this might be?

Started by cathryn, February 27, 2008, 02:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

Someone dropped him off at my house a couple weeks ago and since we have sevral dogs it was kinda like, whats one more?
and we took him in. hes an even tempored dog and has a very deep bark.
It doesnt really matter what hes mixed with but id kinda like your opinions.

The roof of his mouth is balck, he has speckles over his body. Id estimate him to be about 8-12 weeks old and he weighs about 35 lbs. I know hes a mutt basically but i was kinda interested on what type breeds that he may cnsist of.

Ty for looking even if you dont have an opinion.  cathryn

bigben

he kinda looks labish to me.  but I do not know much about dogs.  does he point at all? 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

coyotehunter_1

Cathryn,
He may possibly be mix but he sure looks like some of the English Pointers my dad owned over the years.
Good natured dogs, great with kids and they make fine family pets. 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

cathryn

he looks like he was in that 4 th pic
but usually hes just sniffing and followin his nose.

he is very good with the kids. he oves my 4 yr old.
Hes gonna be a pet but if hed jump birds or tree a squirrel my 15 yr old son would be in heaven.

Jimmie in Ky

I would say pointer on one side of his tree for sure just by the look of him. He reminds me of a pointer crossed with a coonhound I had many years ago. Made one hell of a meat dog . He didn't care what it was we were hunting. He would even work livestock as I directed him with whistles.

My fondest memory of the old rascal was while we were quail hunting. He was always sniffing around at any new smell. He was so proud of himself when he came back to me with his prize he had caught. The mouses tail was sticking out the front of his mouth wrigling in circles. He dropped it at my feet unharmed. Jimmie

HaMeR

I have no idea but he's a good lookin pup!! Looks like he'll be a stout one from the chest shot on the last pic too. I'm glad you took him in.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

That is a genuine, pure blooded, Happy Dog  :eyebrownod:

No I'm serious :wink:

Whaaaat??  :huh: :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cathryn

I love him. Im taking him with me next week to Jerrys farm to try hi hand at huntin with his squirrel dogs. we'll see what happens.

either way, hes stayin.  :biggrin:

Silencer

Almost looks pointer/lab cross.  He's a looker and thats very kind of you.   :congrats:     

Carolina Coyote

I would say that he has some Pointer in him and you can;t go wrong with a dog that loves children, I go along with Jim he is a Happy Dog right now. Good luck with him and hope he will turn out to be a good hunt dog. cc

Bopeye

Anything that will hug a weiner dog can't be too bad............ :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free