• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cell phone recommendation

Started by msmith, April 22, 2009, 08:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

My poor Samsung SLM fell off it's holder and landed in the lot at work where it spent the day. All in all, I think it only got ran over once and rained on about 3 times. Amazingly, it still works but the LCD screen is shot and you can't see anything at all. Needless to say, I need to replace it.

Soooo, any recommendations? My service provider is AT&T

First, I need good/great reception. We have lots of hills, and few towers. A phone with mediocre reception is useless around here

Good battery life is nice.

Next, I use the camera a lot. At work, I document quite a bit of things using a camera. Having a decent one on the phone is a handy thing.

Calander. I lament that my present phone does not have a good calander. I could use a decent one that will remind you of appointments. I use this for my call duty, church funtions, plus I am on 3 different boards that I like to be able to keep track of the meetings.

Music. Sometimes I like to listen to music as well as load lectures from Church on the phone and listen to them at times.

Internet. I don't use it much, but still, I like having internet capabilities. I is handy to be able to check the weather or visit FnF anywhere you have cell coverage.

So, what say ye? One of the Blackberries, a flip phone, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

I'd go blackberry if ya can swing the cash :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith

Everything I have looked at costs nearly as much as a Blackberry if not as much.  I have been eyeballin' the Pearl because of it's size, but am open to suggestions. I had a Samsung Blackjack for a while, I may try it again.

It seems as though the flip phones are on their way out and the new wave is smart phones, especially the iphone, but I AIN"T spending $500 smackers on one of them.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hidehunter

Sounds like the phone you had was a goodun...I think I would just stay with one of them.  Dont fix it if it aint broke...Well in your case it is broke but,   well you get the idea.
Denver                                           

msmith

The plan was to replace it with exactly what I have now, but... they have been discontinued. I might try to find one online somewhere.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hidehunter

Sometimes you can get some really good deals on Ebay
Denver                                           

CCP

If you are wanting a PDA Blackberry type phone? Look at the Motorola Q Global (silver). I love mine it does have a learning curve but once you get used to it you will love it.

Good reception and the ability to read and edit Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint files and view Adobe PDF files.. I sync it to my computers calender and a document files and it automatically sends it to my phone. When on the job site I can receive all e-mail job files info in an instant and actually see and edit them.

Plus has a 2.0 meg still camera and video.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

CCP

msmith, What phone you end up with???
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

msmith

Right now I am trying out a Samsung Epix. It seems to be an upgrade from the Blackjack IIs. It has both a qwerty keyboard and touch screen as well as an optical mouse. It also comes with a stylus for those of us with fat fingers. It comes loaded with win mobile 6.1 and a 2.0 mp camera. So far so good. I have 30 days to decide.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=Samsung+Epix(TM)&q_sku=sku3030219
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Daaaaaaaang. Does it com with a CD rom? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

msmith