• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I got to meet one of our finest members!!

Started by Bopeye, August 01, 2009, 08:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call that was awesome. Mr. Dave HuntnCarve himself gave me call and said he was in Knoxville, Tn. which is only 60 or so miles east of me. He asked if there was anyway possible for me and Coyotehunter1 to come down and meet him.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Oh yeah!!
Then the nightmare started. I was waiting on a guy to pick up my truck to fix it and he was running late. Then my mom and dad showed up at my house having just gotten back from a 3 week trip to Nebraska, Colorado and Kansas visiting relatives, so I thought they would never leave.
I got in touch with Coyotehunter1 and he was up to his neck in work and could not get away. He was very disappointed that he couldn't, but he sent his love......well, not exactly in those words, but ya know what I mean.  :eyebrownod:

I finally got on the road to Knoxville with my wife to go meet one of my most cherished members of this board. I was talking with Dave on the phone on the trip down there and we decided to meet at Chili's Restaurant. We were hauling tail to get there and when we reached Knoxville I called Dave to tell him I'd see him in a minute. I saw Chilis and told my wife to pull in there. She explained that she thought Dave was at the Chilis near the Old City and we were at the one on Kingston Pike. I disagreed and told her to pull in there. I called Dave and asked if he was there. He said he had parked in the banks parking lot and was waiting. OOOPS!!!  :doh2: There's no bank beside this Chiliis....sooooo, I guess my wife was right. It took a little while of fighting traffic, listening to my wife telling me, "I told you so" and me hating cities all over again, but we finally made it a little before 8:00 eastern time. I saw Dave standing outside and knew immediately it was him.

It was just like meeting an old friend. We went into the restaurant and had a fine time. It's amazing how much better you can get to know someone in just a couple of hours face to face, as opposed to a couple of years on a computer or phone. The stories we shared. The things I learned. What a night to cherish. It all ended far too quickly for my liking, but it was 10:00 p.m. and we all still had things to do.  :sad:
We went to the parking lot and I reluctantly shook my friends hand and made my way to the car. Oh, I didn't want it to already be over.
It was truly an honor to have met the man who produces such beautiful calls, brings insightful responses to threads, and truly helps give this board the flavor that this board alone is able to maintain.

Dave and I had exchanged some gifts in the parking lot and I'm telling ya, he got the short end of that exchange. I gave him a little piece of Tennessee art from a local "artist" here and some Tennessee "medicine".  :eyebrow:
He gave me some wonderful calls that only he can produce. I can't wait to try them in the field. I will have pictures up soon of the calls and of Dave.

What a wonderful night, I enjoyed it.  :highclap:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

5 SHOTS

Quote from: Bopeye on August 01, 2009, 08:19:54 AM

he got the short end of that exchange.

What a wonderful night, I enjoyed it.  :highclap:

I know how you feel Bop, Barry got the short end here too.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

alscalls

Sounds like a good time....... :yoyo: :yoyo:
If I ever get back to work......I hope to do some traveling my self.... :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Here's the pictures. I used a very expensive cell phone this time, so I bet the quality is better.  :doh2: :nono:

Here's the calls. Two howlers and two distress, but Dave said one of each is for Coyotehunter1 soooooo I guess I'll let him have 'em.  :pout:

Proof that they are his calls.  :wink:

AND NOW!!! Without any further adieu!! The one you've all been waiting for. THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE MASTER CALLMAKER, THE LEGEND.......HEEEEEEEEEERE's HUNT N CARVE!!!!!!!

What a scholar and a gentleman. I'm proud to call him my friend.  :biggrin:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

coyotehunter_1

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 01, 2009, 08:53:32 AM
Poor Dave will never be the same :rolleye:

Yep, Dave will be mentally scarred for life now.  :laf:

Sounds like you all had a pretty good time. :highclap: :yoyo:

Dave, Yesterday turned out to be a real clunker for me.  I'm really sorry I could not make it last night. I missed a chance to meet a really good guy, I do apologize.   :sad:  

Edit:  I was trying to post this reply when Bop locked up my send button with his pic post. :shrug:
I did not see his last post until mine had loaded.

Dave, what can I say....  :bowingsmilie:   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Jeb

Sweet !! Those calls are nice !  Sounded like a great time.  :highclap:
                                  Jeb

Bills Custom Calls

Bop did Dave tell your wife on you also

The time Chris and I met him......Well Dave sure likes to talk ,but he is one heck of a nice guy  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

Bop, I knew you'd have a good time if you were able to go meet Dave. He's a heck of a nice guy and a pleasure to talk to. The conversation never gets dull. Too bad Chet couldn't go. I know he would have had a great time too.
And great looking calls too Dave. :yoyo:

Ed

HuntnCarve

Hi Guys!  After 1232 miles of driving we finally got home from Tennessee.  The truth of the matter be told, meeting Bopeye and his wife was the highlight of the trip!  I'm just sorry I could not spend more time with you fine folks.  I was feeling a little guilty-  [I had left my wife at my son's apartment that evening.  He had not packed a single thing!  Sink full of dirty dishes, filthy apartment.. I was ready to have an aneurism!   So my loving wife, did what she always does, and sent me out, while she handled the mess.]  So I was alittle anxious to get back in case she had thrown in the towel and needed backup! lol.  Bop, if I wasn't still on antibiotics for that spider bite, I would have inbibed in that "nerve medicine". LOL!  I'll save it for a special occassion.  Thank you kindly!

Chet, I'm truly sorry I couldn't meet you either.  Oh well, one of these days our paths will cross.  I told Bop to see to it that you get a set of the calls I left for you fellas.  Hope they bring you some luck!   In the meantime, Thanks again Bopeye (and Renee) for a grand evening!  We'll be talking soon.

Dave

PS.  Dang!  That cell phone of your's must have captured a photo of a crusty old feller?