• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

subtle difference's.

Started by pitw, August 03, 2009, 08:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

There are some in our two country's and I thought we might explore some :wo:  Lets start with the money.  Yours is all one color except for the $10 bill which is a bit washed out.  It would appear that your government has spent so much on bailouts and other goodies that they can only afford one color[must be cheaper to buy in bulk].

Ours on the other hand is more of wild flower bouquet of living colors that allows the user to be a mite blind and still tell what he/she has given to the cashier that isn't able to add 2+2 twice in a row successfully :doh2:[that is something common on both sides of the border].

I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Hey we wouldn't expect anything then a bunch of flowered colored money from a French country.  :roflmao:

(Todd is running for the door)  :biggrin:

Be happy your pastels are worth more.  :innocentwhistle:

KySongDog

Enjoy it (the money) while ya can cause it is getting cheaper every day.  The more they print, the cheaper the money gets.  Its called hyper inflation.   :argh:

pitw

Todd better be hiding well :madd:  which brings up another difference.  Camo, I just came up from breakfast where there were a hundred+ people and not one piece of camo clothing to be seen.  Down south I think the ratio of people wearing camo to those not was 3 to 2.  Kinda like you guys can displease the wife even more than me and need to blend in with a tree at a moments notice.  Really I don't get it, is camo clothing cheaper than regular cloth :shrug:.

Todd Rahm

Lol, Barry if I want to hide from the wife, I go to the kitchen and disguise myself as a cooking utensil.  :roflmao: She'll never find me.  :nono:

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on August 03, 2009, 09:57:04 AM
 Camo, I just came up from breakfast where there were a hundred+ people and not one piece of camo clothing to be seen.  Down south I think the ratio of people wearing camo to those not was 3 to 2.  Kinda like you guys can displease the wife even more than me and need to blend in with a tree at a moments notice.  Really I don't get it, is camo clothing cheaper than regular cloth :shrug:.

Actually, sometimes camo is the cheapest, and that will increase as the fad passes and the glut of camo clothing is dumped at discount.  Stock up on whatcha want as it will eventually get scarce when the yuppies and teeny boppers quit wearing it.  The black and white urban camo makes good snow camo, even if the images are celebrity faces and such rather than leaves.

FWIW I have made it sort of a personal rule to never wear camo in any public place, and never have except maybe a fleece jacket in a country store once or twice.  

As to US money looking alike, the Chief of a remote northern village in Canada once told me in all seriousness that US paper money was deliberately designed to help clerks shortchange customers, especially foreigners.   He'd just returned from Las Vegas. :eyebrownod:

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on August 03, 2009, 11:09:57 AM

As to US money looking alike, the Chief of a remote northern village in Canada once told me in all seriousness that US paper money was deliberately designed to help clerks shortchange customers, especially foreigners.   He'd just returned from Las Vegas. :eyebrownod:

Smart man that chief :laf:.
Why is it that it appears on both sides of the border that in order to have a job as a cashier that the prerequisite for the job is to be able to not be able to add :confused:  If there is a power outage they are screwed.

Todd have you ever camo'd yourself as the skewer?

Todd Rahm

Nope, usually a wooden spoon or a spatula works.  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Todd Rahm on August 03, 2009, 11:05:26 AM
f I want to hide from the wife, I go to the kitchen and disguise myself as a cooking utensil.  :roflmao: She'll never find me.  :nono:

Now there is a quote from a man who has a wife that never logs in at FnF.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Actually all our new bills have multiple colors in them now except the $1.00
They still arent as brilliant as yours though.

Our added colors were to deter counterfeiting.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

Yeap sometimes I have to use that union money myself. :laf:

How far south did you go???

If you come down this far make sure you get rid of all your fives with Abe on them unless you are looking for trouble.  :eyebrownod:

I think the new light red coloring of the ten is an attempt to confuse us southerners in attempting to get us to take union money. :roflmao:

Yep Barry we still use Confederate money down here.(it seems to be worth alittle more now)

And last but not least if you have to ask way we wear camo down south then you wood knot understand. Its a Southern thang U Heer.  :laf:

BTW I heard tell the rainbow money in canada came about from all the yellow hippies from San Fransisco in the 60's. :eyebrow:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

5 SHOTS

colored money is OK......but i know some people who are color blind.  :shrug: :roflmao: :roflmao:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

pitw

5 the Australians thought of that and have different size bills as well :bowingsmilie:  Kinda/sorta makes sense as our coins are a diiferent size :shrug:

CCP i didn't get near far enough south to see them but I'd probably have took them at face value :wink:  I guess it's kinda/sorta like us wearing toques then EH.

Carolina Coyote

Pitw, Just wondering when you came across the Border if the Merchant's in the US would accept the flower money?cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 04, 2009, 09:00:58 AM
Pitw, Just wondering when you came across the Border if the Merchant's in the US would accept the flower money?cc

Golly I never even tried :doh2:  I took a bunch of money I bought at the bank with me cause I didn't know if they would and I guess I am still ignorant on the subject :wo:

Hawks Feather

You made a wise choice.  Right now your dollar is worth $0.937 in the US.  When you go to cash it in at a store you would get between $0.80 and $0.90 for your dollar.  But to be fair, the same thing happened to me when I was in Canada.  The best way to work around it is to use a credit card.  The credit card company does the conversion for you and it doesn't cost you anything.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

My experience has been that US merchants will not take Canadian money, but you pull out Greenbacks in Canada and they will take them in a heartbeat, I still have a few bills from my trips to Canada but can't spend them here.? cc

Hawks Feather

If you want to unload them you should be able to take them to your bank and have them exchanged there.  Or the other option is to just send them to Barry and have him spend them for you.   :laf:

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Barry being the nice fellow he is , I just may do that.  :laf: cc

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on August 04, 2009, 03:50:22 PM
Barry being the nice fellow he is , I just may do that.  :laf: cc

Tooooo Cooooool  :laf:  Yep Canadians like taking the American money at face value :shrug:  I have seen places that wouldn't take it and I did a quick conversion for a few fellers :innocentwhistle: