• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The new Cronk Assassin

Started by possumal, October 10, 2009, 08:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

I have always felt fortunate to be mentioned on the same page with Rich Cronk, Cal Taylor, Gerry Blair, Jay Nistetter, and many of the other Foxpro Field Staff members, but old Rich really slipped an extra nice surprise into Possumal's life yesterday.

It has only been about a week since I received my custom ordered small Buffalo horn howler, which has been a pure joy to own and use. Yesterday, when the mailman came, there was another box from Rich, and I thought at first that maybe he had made a duplicate shipment.  Man was I ever elated and surprised to find that he had sent me a new call he has developed to see how I liked it.  I like it too much to find the right words.  With his permission, I now bestow the title "Cronk Assassin" to this new call.  Combined with the little buffalo horn howler, an old possum can make every sound he could ever need to fool old Wiley.  A lot of call makers make some nice, easy to blow calls, but it seems that Rich is truly expert on his tuning of each and every call. This little call is so neat and is it ever loud and realistic.  Here are a couple of pictures of it with the reed protector in place and one with it off, and one picture comparing it to the little buffalo horn howler recently received.  Thanks Rich for being so kind and I feel humbled to say the least.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff