• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Details

Started by slagmaker, October 03, 2006, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

that sounds liek a good idea. A thread concerning the LBL hunt.

I know I have never been to a hunt like this unless you count numerous pheseant put and take hunts. So I need all the info I can get.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

straycat

For all of the out of state guys planning on attending the LBL. NOTE: These are 2005-2006 prices........ KY Non resident 5 day small game license - 32.50                    LBL user permit both resident and non resident - 20.00

Wrangler campground cabins -  small: sleeps 4 - 32.00              large: sleeps 8 - 52.00        prices per day
Prices my be slightly more this year.

Squirrel,crow,coyote is all the seasons I know about.
As far as cal. restrictions.......until Feb 1st on coyotes you gotta use a rimfire or shotgun,centerfire season opens Feb 1st.

Hope this helps,Joel
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bopeye

Can anyone remember if there is a restriction on shot size in shotguns? I don't have that good of a memory anymore and was looking into those exploding shells. :nono:

I really am curious.......like to go a little bigger on the shot size. Better bring ya a little poke bag for goodies to carry with you in the field. I'm not real good about sharing my little debbie snack cakes.

While I'm on the subject, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make yourself a little survival kit....you know, fire starter, matches, emergency blanket, etc., just in case you get hurt in the wild and woolies and can't make it out unti morning.  :whew:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

slagmaker

That sounds like a Good idea Bopeye!! if you make a survival kit dont just buy one form Wallyworld make one and make sure you have stuff in it that you know how to USE!!!. I have seen people have a survival kit and have no idea how to start a fire, bandage a wound or anything else you migth find in there.

Do you know how to use that whistle the right way so you can be found? If not learn how, please.
OK I am off my soap box :innocentwhistle:

Another question. Where would I go to find out about the laws concerning side arms? I really like to cary mine just in case.

centerfire_223

Seems like TN has a shot size, but I don't think KY does. I know I used 4 buck in gun last year. Hopefully I was legal.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

lankrod

Maybe Jimmie or someone else can pipe up - but I thought KY had shot size restriction of nothing larger than BB.  Not sure on TN - hunted in KY.

slagmaker

Was there a phone number for the Wrangler camp ground posted? I thought I saw it but now I cant seem to find it anywhere.

Right now it looks as though I will be taking my two cousins with me. We will be leaving from the Evansville area. Got to meet cousin 3 there as cousin 2 will be comming from Greenwood IN. Not sure on the date yet but if anyone will be going through that area on there way there let me know. Always more fun to travle in groups.

Found this link in another thread and thought it might belong her in ths one      http://www.lbl.org/Home.html
might even want to check out this link as well   http://www.lbl.org/RULESHunting.html

I am finding out a little more each day.

FinsnFur

Wranglers Campground
(270)924-2044
(270)924-2043

Website = http://www.lbl.org/CAMPWranglers.html
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Source:
http://www.lbl.org/SmallGameGuide.html

Hunting Small Game on LBL:

COYOTE
Coyotes may be taken during daylight hours in any open hunting season with weapons specified for that season. Hand, mouth, or electronic calling devices are permitted for taking coyotes. During the month of February, centerfire rifles and handguns may be used for coyote hunting.

BOBCAT
Kentucky:
The bobcat hunting season is December 1 to January 31. All bobcats must be telechecked and tagged according to state regulations. The statewide daily and season limit is three bobcats per person, whether by hunting or trapping, including bobcats harvested on LBL. Bobcats may be hunted during daylight hours only. Legal weapons are those specified for small game hunting, or for deer archery hunting during the December - January bow season. Callers may use hand or mouth-operated calls only. Electronic calls are not permitted for bobcat hunting.
Tennessee:
Bobcats may be taken on any big game or small game hunt that coincides with the statewide bobcat season by legally licensed and/or permitted hunters. Statewide regulations and limits apply.

FOX CHASING & HUNTING
Fox chasing is permitted south of U.S. Highway 68 only, from sunset to sunrise. Foxes (gray and red) may be harvested only during the specified hunting seasons during daylight hours in any open hunting area. Hand- or mouth-operated calling devices are permitted. Electronic calling devices for taking foxes are prohibited.

A special note:
Unless the LBL regulation has changed (from two years ago) concealed hand gun carry permits are not honored on LBL. This is U. S. Government property... Trust me on this.

Firearms transported in vehicles must be unloaded in both magazine and chamber. This includes detachable clips (magazines) also. I can not find it listed in their regs, may have changed, but the last time I was at LBL all firearms also had to be cased when in a vehicle.

On LBL, spotlighting or the use of any artificial lights to locate wildlife is prohibited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

LEGAL WEAPONS FOR SMALL GAME HUNTING (LBL)

Shotguns, rimfire rifles, rimfire handguns, muzzleloaders, and archery equipment according to state regulations with the following exceptions: the use of crossbows, in KY, centerfire rifles, centerfire handguns, and shotguns loaded with slugs or shot (lead and steel) larger than BB in the Kentucky portion or larger than No. 4 in the Tennessee portion is prohibited (except for coyotes in February-see regulations). Broadheads may not be used for small game hunting except for specified game during the deer archery season.

Editors note< Shot larger than No. 4 in the Tennessee portion is prohibited (except for coyotes in February-see regulations). I have not found any specific regulations on the LBL site pertaining to this statement.
LBL does have it’s share of special regulations but they also employ both Kentucky and Tennessee game regulations, in regards to the section you are planning on hunting. For instance the LBL hunting permit is good for both Tennessee and Kentucky but you must have a Tennessee license to hunt the Tennessee section, Kentucky license for the Kentucky section. Each state has different hunting regulations, you must abide by the state’s laws you are hunting in plus the LBL regulations. Again for either or both state(s) you need only one LBL hunting permit.     
==========================================================
The following information is for those interested in hunting the Tennessee section of LBL
This is only a snippit of the information that can be found in the Tennessee hunting regulations. If you have any questions here is a link to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA). http://www.state.tn.us/twra/

A copy of the current Tennessee Hunting Regulations can be downloaded on PFD format at:
http://www.state.tn.us/twra/06huntguide.pdf

Seasons: Tennessee
Coyote - Open year-round, no limit.

Bobcat*, fox**  , -Opens Nov. 17, closes Feb. 15, no limit.

* Except the limit on bobcats is one per day. Bobcat pelts must be tagged with Tennessee U. S. CITES tags in order to be exported from the U. S. Contact your TWRA regional office for instructions.

** Exceptions to the statewide fox season are: Benton -unlawful to take or kill red foxes; Dyer, Lauderdale, Smith and Wilson - open year round to hunting and trapping red and gray foxes; Greene and Washington - unlawful to take or kill red and gray foxes.

LEGAL HUNTING EQUIPMENT AND METHODS
Small Game Hunting (in part)
1. Shotguns and handguns using ammunition loaded with Number 4 or smaller shot are legal for all small game hunting.
2. Shotguns using ammunition loaded with BBB (0.19 inch diameter) or smaller shot are legal for hunting coyotes and beaver except during big game seasons.
3. Does not apply.
4. Rifles and handguns using rimfire ammunition and air rifles are legal for hunting small game except migratory birds.
5. Rifles and handguns using centerfire ammunition are legal for hunting beaver, bobcat, coyotes, feral hogs, fox, groundhogs, and crows, except during deer, bear or boar seasons.
6. Muzzleloading firearms (rifles, handguns and shot-guns).
7. Longbows, compound bows, crossbows and other bows drawn or held by a mechanical device.
8-9 Do not apply
10. Weapons may be equipped with sighting devices except those devices utilizing an artificial light capable of locating wildlife. Night vision scopes are illegal..

ILLEGAL WEAPONS / PROHIBITED ACTS (in part)

Use or possession of electronic calls for fox, turkey and waterfowl is prohibited.
The use or possession of predator calls while night hunting of any species is prohibited.

Possession or use of buckshot is specifically prohibited while hunting all species, except in those counties where authorized by Private Acts.

Possession of rifled slugs is prohibited except while hunting deer, bear, boar and feral hogs.

Rifles or handguns loaded with military or other full metal jacketed type of ammunition are prohibited.

Rifles or handguns loaded with centerfire ammunition are prohibited for all hunting between 30 minutes after sunset and 30 minutes before sunrise.

Weapons capable of fully automatic fire are prohibited for hunting of all wildlife.

TENNESSEE HUNTING HOURS (COYOTES, BOBCATS AND FOX)
One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TENNESSEE NONRESIDENT LICENSE FEES
This does not include WMA or special season permits (nor LBL hunting permits)
7-Day Hunt-Small Game/Waterfowl
(Type 072) ....................................................... $50.50

Junior Hunt/Fish (Type 070) ................................... $9
Required for nonresidents ages 13-15. A Type 073 or
074 is required to hunt big game.

coyotehunter_1
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

slagmaker

Looks like it is only hunting during daylight hours, or am I reading this wrong?

Lighterknot

that is correct...daytime only
Chad

Bopeye

The gas stations are quite aways apart also. Make sure you have plenty of gas in the a.m.

slagmaker

I remember the gas stations being a good ways apart as well as places to eat. BRING SNACK FOOD!!

Well it looks like I will be leaving the pistola at homa. Bummer ,I like the feel of it when I am out, no matter. I will just make sure cousin 3 is hungary. That way if a yote gets too close and bears his teeth cousin 3 can eat him.

Lighterknot

cousin 3 is?  I am thinkin shotgun but not real sure.
Chad

coyotehunter_1

QuoteWell it looks like I will be leaving the pistola at homa. Bummer

Slagmaker,

From LBL regulations:
During the month of February, centerfire rifles and handguns may be used for coyote hunting.

We can use handguns while coyote hunting in Feb.(abiding by the firearms/handguns regulations of LBL and the state in which you intend on hunting).
If you have a concealed handgun permit I would recommend calling the LBL office to verify their current status on the matter. The rules may have changed since I was there two years ago.      

I don't know about Kentucky's game laws but in Tennessee handguns must have a 4" barrel length or longer to be legal for hunting.

Chet

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

slagmaker

I have two cousins
I am cousin 1
My cousin David "Baloo" is cousin 2
My cousin Darren "fuzzy feller" is cousin 3
I have been trying to get Baloo to join one of these forums so he can do a little learning and making "friends" but he don't type much  and fuzzy feller dont have a computer but he loves to shoot yotes and foxes. He just does his shooting from the back of a tractor or combine.

Cousin 3 is one heck of a shot. Grew up learning to shoot from his dad and he was real big into reloading and extreme accuracy.

Cousin 2 has an extensive gun collection and has the want to go hunting and such just not the time or places

If you add up how much each of us weigh you would tip the scale at almost 1000 pounds. None of us are lacking a meal... :roflmao:

Lighterknot

lol...good stuff, I was way off but glad I didn't go with my 2nd guess.
Chad

slagmaker

I am trying to get all three of us together so we can do a hunt like this. Only probl;em is we are spread out across the lower half of Indiana and it is a three hour drive to get together no matter who does the driving. So I am trying to get all three of us to the LBL. If it isnt possible we may have to end up doing the hunt here in Indiana on the same weekend but I would prefer the LBL.

FinsnFur

For those wondering, and I think we may have mentioned this before...but I'll outline a few things again here...

First off the LBL hunt is not going to be an official Fins and Fur Event.
When I say that I mean that this isn't Jim Champion's hunt. This event belongs to you guys, and I'm merrily providing a place to discuss, plan and organize it. With that, I am MORE then willing to help orchestrate it.

My biggest fear, is that folks are going to think that I or any of the FnF staff are taking this opportunity to line their pockets. That aint gonna happen, and that aint what any part of this hunt should be about. You guys should know that better then anyone because most of you were part of the birth of this hunt.
Look at Fins and Fur as an opportunity to take this hunt back...back from what it was being molded into on a different site.

There is nothing I'd like more then for a bunch of you members to congregate and donate some things to give as prizes, but I want nothing to do with selling tickets. If you guys would like to sell tickets and generate some revenue to donate to a charity or a youth group, that's great. I will help in any way that I can and I will provide WHATEVER it takes to make that happen.
But I strongly feel that no monies should pass through FNF for that to happen and all monies into and out should be right up front for all to see.

Like I said this isn't a hunt to line my pockets and I wont allow it to. I don't need any cuts from this, this belongs to you folks. I'm not charging for banner advertisements, I'm surely not going to ask for hunt registration money, and if I ever get so broke I can't afford my own server costs,....well... you guys will be the last to hear the whinning because thats not who I am. And I would like to think I've shown that in several different ways.

Along with that comes the fact that attendees will be responsible for their own accommodations, as done in the years PRIOR to the PM collaboration. I think we have posted most of the needed info for reservations etc. If not I or we certainly can.

Back to the money and toys, and I think we may have mentioned this before, but my original idea was to accumulate a list of items donated from members to give as prizes and then give the stuff away in simple drawings, OR little contests at the hunt. First coyote, last coyote, biggest, etc.
That way there's no money exchanging hands.
Once were all there at the LBL we can even set down and discuss where we want the hunt to go. You know?...do you want to use it as an avenue to generate revenue, and then make a donation to a youth group?...or keep it a simple gathering of comrades...or any other ideas brought forth. What ever is decided......I'll support it.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

I'm so looking forward to this...........cabins reserved yet? Jimmie done any leg work that he's willing to share? C'mon February..............YEEHAW!!!!