• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Braveheart!

Started by nastygunz, January 14, 2012, 05:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Love that movie, every time I see it I think of my glory days in Scotland!

This is the little place I stay in Aberlady,Scotland, on the Firth of Forth, about 10 miles from Edinburgh:

This is the beautiful church right across the road:

This is the pub where I drank alottt of McEwans Lager and Guiness and shots of whiskey :)..got chitfaced one night with the local chief constable, had me singing in Gaelic, I think and drinking alot of old whiskey !

My sweetums going for the kilt!

Edinburgh Castle atop the cliff guarding the city, HUGE place, holds The Honors of Scotland,Crown Jewels, well guarded by The Royal Cameron Highlanders!

This was the front of the castle on New Years Eve, rain, fog, torches all over the battlements, bagpipers playing off the walls,thousands of people in a huge crowd singing Flower of Scotland, Loch Lomond, etc and huge fireworks, the statue on the left is William Wallace and the one on the right is Robert the Bruce, Guardians of Scotland:

This pic is 2 funny...we are in a hotel in London, she takes off shopping so I am relaxing drinking some beers and watching the telly...I'm smelling this weird burning smell..well due to the different currents she left her hair device plugged in and the sob ketched on fire!!...I unplugged it and threw it in the sink then dumped beer on the burning rug :)...funny as hell really:

Love the UK I need to get back over there!

Hidehunter

Those are some awesome pics!!!  Really enjoyed them.  I would love to see Scottland.
Denver                                           

nastygunz

"On the first floor is the vaulted Crown Room, built in 1615 to house the Honours of Scotland: the crown, the sceptre and the sword of state. The Stone of Scone, upon which the monarchs of Scotland were traditionally crowned, is also kept in the Crown Room since its return to Scotland in 1996."

"The Honours of Scotland, also known as the Scottish regalia and the Scottish Crown Jewels, dating from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries, are the oldest set of crown jewels in the British Isles. The existing set were used for the coronation of Scottish monarchs from 1543 (Mary I) to 1651 (Charles II). Since then, they have been used to represent Royal Assent to legislation in both the Parliament of Scotland and Scottish Parliament, and have also been used at State occasions, including the first visit to Scotland as sovereign by King George IV in 1822 and the first visit to Scotland as sovereign by Queen Elizabeth in 1953.

There are three primary elements of the Honours of Scotland: the Crown, the Sceptre, and the Sword of State. These three elements also appear upon the crest of the Royal coat of arms of Scotland, where the red lion of the King of Scots is depicted wearing the Crown and holding both the Sword and the Sceptre."

"The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders was an infantry regiment of the British Army formed in 1793. In 1961 it was merged with the Seaforth Highlanders (Ross-shire Buffs, The Duke of Albany's) to form the Queen's Own Highlanders (Seaforth and Camerons). The regiment's lineage is now continued by The Highlanders, 4th Battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland."

nastygunz

Quote from: Hidehunter on January 14, 2012, 05:21:21 PM
Those are some awesome pics!!!  Really enjoyed them.  I would love to see Scottland.

Nicest, friendliest most hospitable people youll ever meet  :wink:

Hidehunter

I have watched Braveheart many of times and I always tell my wife that I watch it just for the view of the country.  Well I guess I am gona get off the computer and watch Braveheart again.  LOL Im sure my wife will thank you for that.
Denver                                           

nastygunz

Ha-Ha! I never get sick of it, every time I watch it I wanna grab a Scottish claymore and go chop the hell out of something  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Very interesting. I'm assuming you scanned those pics, cause they arent the usual "Nasty" quality.
:laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Jim,

Canon Powershot SX-10 IS
January 7 & 8, 2011

Since one was labeled as New Year's Eve, something happened.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Thats when the miss's broke the curling iron over his head :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

Sounds like you had a great trip.

nastygunz

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 14, 2012, 08:39:30 PM
Very interesting. I'm assuming you scanned those pics, cause they arent the usual "Nasty" quality.
:laf:

I took pics of them with my digital camera in macro mode matey!

FOsteology

I bet that was a great trip.

nastygunz

And after 18 days of drinking, traveling and sight seeing on that trip we finished off with a touch of class by spending our last night in London, eating at a very swanky restaurant and then going to the Royal Cambridge Music Hall to see the play Grease, with Lucy Lawless who is famous for playing Xena, Warrior Princess :yoyo:...if you ever want to take an unreal trip here are 2 things to hit in Scotland The Hogmanay, the ultimate new years party:

http://www.edinburghshogmanay.org/

and the The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo:

http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/about-the-tattoo/the-visitor-experience

If you shop around you can do these trips pretty damn cheap sometimes.