• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Arizona Quail

Started by JohnP, May 17, 2012, 12:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

There are three species of quail here in Arizona.  We are fortunate enough to live in an area that holds all three and to add the icing to the cake all three call our back forty home.   The Gambles is the most prevalent on our property and is a very handsome bird.

Next is the Scaled quail, not a very handsome bird when compared to the Gambles.

Last but surely not least is the Mearns.   We have hunters from all over the United States that come here to hunt them.  Unlike the other two Mearns will hold tight for a dog and you almost have to step on them to get them to flush.

There is a Mearns and a Gambles in this picture, also had a scalie with them but could never get them close enough to snap a picture. 

And for you turkey hunters here is our Gould’s turkey.

Hard to see the mearns, I'll try to get a better picture next time. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

They are loving the amenities of your rock garden :highclap:
Nice pictures
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

It must be nice to be able to see them around your house.  Here I have Grackles  :sad:,   Sparrows  :sad:,  and a few Doves.  :sleep:

Jerry

possumal

Beautiful pictures, John P.  Thanks for sharing.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Nice looking birds!!  The sign is way cool too!! Thanks for sharing Mr. John!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Quote from: Hawks Feather on May 17, 2012, 08:15:09 AM
It must be nice to be able to see them around your house.  Here I have Grackles  :sad:,   Sparrows  :sad:,  and a few Doves.  :sleep:

Jerry

Jerry I sat out in the rock garden yesterday with camera in hand hoping to get some good bird pictures but didn't do to well.  We have several Bed&Breakfast places around here that cater to the bird watchers.  The San Pedro river attracts birds from all over the US plus Central and South America.  The river is one of a few in the US that flow north instead of south.  Even the water wants to get out of Mexico. :rolleye:

When they come for mine they better bring theirs