• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Found this in my fishing hole this morning

Started by FinsnFur, July 03, 2012, 11:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I found this big brute parked in one of my fishing holes this morning. What the "L" is it on the front of that thing?

Looks like one of those drill bits from that mining show, but on the front of this HOG? They'd have to be drilling onshore, but from the water :confused: :confused: And I dont know where they would be happening. I dont know of any rock walls shoring the river here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Looks like one serious cutter for a river dredge?

FinsnFur

I never would thought it to be that in a million years. But you gave me a place to start looking, and you were right. :eyebrow:

Google brought up a site belonging to the US Army Corps of Engineers with this on it.

The cutterhead dredge, as shown above, is a rotating cutter which loosens the material to be pumped. This type of dredge is used for dredging tougher material.

I dont see how that could possibly be productive. It'd be like mowing a football field with a push mower.  :doh2:

Here's one Google produced.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Yeah, Kinda cool machines. They have a bigger (wider) dredger used for the softer river bottoms if I recall. I think the one you have pictered chews threw the hard stuff. I watched a thing about them on TV a while back, and if I remember correctly, they use that one to cut direct or pivot in in an arc to cut by anchoring the back of the boat some how.

Would make a cool ass boat house though.  :biggrin: Anchor it up, gut and redo the inside and then sand blast and paint that cutter.  :thumb2: Make for a nice looking pad along the river.