• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Some eye Candy for ya...

Started by Coulter, September 02, 2015, 05:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Just a few things that have gone out the door the last few months...

Oyster shucker from Bocote shipped to Maryland...

Cherry burl deer grunt...picked up here in PA...

Another shucker in African Blackwood shipped to Jersey...

This is a duck call from some of that Salt Cedar and African Blackwood, all custom to a gent in NY...

Small Damascus caper in Amboyna burl, I kept this one for myself...

Drop point hunter in Bocote & African Blackwood & custom made sheath, shipped to Maryland...

Another drop point hunter (different style) w/ mosaic pins & custom made sheath, shipped to Jersey...

Oh, and my duck hunting buddy all grown up on the Eastern shore last season...

There are a lot more pics, but I don't want to bore you guys too much. Thanks for looking.
Steve

slagmaker

Wow!

Very nice

You hunting buddy looks like he is trying to figure out why your taking pics of him and not shooting ducks
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

WOW is right!  I like that one, and that one, and that...

The drop point Bocote & blackwood is my favorite because that is my favorite blade shape.  Love those oyster shuckers, too pretty to use, though I could use one.  I use my hunting knife since we are always doing oysters on a campfire while bear hunting on the coast, and I'm going to cut myself one of these times. 

Beautiful work!

Hawks Feather

You have been one busy turner.  I kept thinking about posting a request to see the Salt Cedar, but figured you would show us when you were ready.  Everything look great!

Jerry

Coulter

Slag...he as actually wondering where all the ducks went. We hunted in Jersey a few days prior to that and he had a heck of a time with numerous retrieves. There were hardly any ducks when we arrived in VA. That's why he's got the pic with the snow goose and not a bunch of ducks.

Okanagan...Thank you sir. The oyster shucker is what got me all started on the knives. Just the like callmaking, you can't make just one. I need to make a few more knives and shuckers when I get some extra time. Maybe I'll post some up here for sale someday. Most of what I have been doing the last few months is strictly from orders. I haven't made a call or knife for inventory in quite a while.

Jerry...wait until you guys see the next two salt cedar duck calls I have in the works right now, they are sure purty, but they already have homes to go to. Actually, nevermind the salt cedar. I have an idea for a couple of calls that I'm going to try in the next few weeks. Those will be SWEET if they turn out the way I'm hoping. Nobody knows about them yet, so no buyers yet. I suppose that would make them inventory calls when they're done :shrug:

Thanks guys,
Steve

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Coulter on September 02, 2015, 04:53:53 PM
Those will be SWEET if they turn out the way I'm hoping. Nobody knows about them yet, so no buyers yet.

We will tell 'No One!'

Jerry

FinsnFur

Wow very nice Steve. Thanks for sharing those. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Sweet looking calls for sure!! That Salt Cedar looks so much like Osage it's uncanny.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

Still love the caper.  :biggrin:

Nice to have ya back!

JohnP

Steve those are some very nice looking calls and absolutely love those knives. 

I never got out last year for any calling but the doc changed my meds (for the better) and I'm sure to get out this year.  I will be using your predator calls and will send you a photo of results of your work.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Coulter

Thanks again guys...and it is good to be back. The knives have been a lot of fun, especially the leather work. I' can't wait to get the next couple started. And that salt cedar...man it's harder on the tools than osage by far. It's crazy hard stuff. It hasn't disappointed me yet when I turn it either. Good stuff for sure if you don't mind sharpening your tools.

John...I'll be looking forward to some pics with your NB calls. I should make a few predator calls now that I think about it. It has been a while :confused:

Steve

JohnP

If you should decide to make any closed predator calls out of the salt cedar, toned jackrabbit or cottontail, I think I know someone who would buy it. :innocentwhistle:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Coulter

You bet John...It may take me a week or two. But certainly before the season gets underway.

Steve

riverboss

I really like those knives Steve I may have to get me one after I get back from my anniversary.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Dale

Quote from: Coulter on September 02, 2015, 05:55:55 AM
Just a few things that have gone out the door the last few months...

Oyster shucker from Bocote shipped to Maryland...

if this were to be returned or another happened to be built, I know someone down here in coastal NC that would take it off your hands...   :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Coulter

Dan...Happy Anniversary!! Give me a shout when you want one.

You bet Dale...I doubt that one will be returned. He has big plans for that one. I will give you a shout when I have another finished up though. Thank you sir,

Steve