• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Iditarod 2010

Started by Todd Rahm, March 08, 2010, 04:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

The family ran out to Willow yesterday for the restart of the Ititarod Dog Sled Race, and some good times with friends. Figured I'd share some pics with ya.

Todd Rahm

Not only does Jamaica have a bobsled team they also have a dog musher, and this guy was loving it and hamming it up the whole way.

Silencer

awesome !!  I was going to post up and ask if any of you guys went.   I've been looking for some TV coverage but cant find anything.   I have the utmost respect for the dogs and the mushers.

Todd Rahm

Kenna getting her first snowmachine wings and running dad all over the lake.  :biggrin:

Barb and the wife enjoying the race.

Brett getting ready to chow down.

Oh and an action pic.

Todd Rahm

This guy landed on the lake to take pictures, I think he was a pro, but the side of the machine said "experimental Clipper".

Todd Rahm

Wyatt and the wife.

June the cook doing a great job. (And our group organizer)

Brett spotting the next mushers.

The gang.

Hawks Feather

That looks like a good time, but also looks a little cold.  It is 54 degrees here right now.  (With that said, it could snow next week.)

How far from your place was it to the site?  Looks like you are on the river or an airstrip for really large planes.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

The girls digging down to the ice on the lake. Kenna is mine on the right.

A musher on the way off the lake and some crazy crowds.

Kenna looking rough, but she played so hard she stayed warm, and her she comes to say "Dad, can I drive the snowmachine again?" How the heck can ya say no?

Christina and Wyatt doing their best unibomber poses (No Bill they are not in the same league as you)

Todd Rahm

Jerry, not sure how cold it was yesterday, but the wife said here -40 boots weren't keeping her feet warm.  :biggrin: My best guess was it was right around 10 degrees or so. Its a lil over an hour way from the house then a short snow machine trip into Long Lake. Yes, there were planes around us, landing behind us, on the other side of the lake, buzzing over us, and there was even one helicopter that landed down from us.

Silencer

There's a team I've been follow that updates on facebook.  Winterdance dog sled tours, Iditarod bound, race team.   They have some beautiful dogs. 

KySongDog

Those were some great pics.  Thanks Todd. 

bambam

Great pics. I'd be a popsickle in about 5 minutes.

pitw

Thanks Todd.  Enjoyed the heck outa that.  Takes a brave man to fly an ultra light in your territory. :readthis:  You don't do the race eh :iroll:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Great pictures. What a beautiful day. Thanks for sharing.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

vvarmitr

Thanks for sharing that Todd.

That has got to be one awesome adventure to do that!!!!!!!

Todd Rahm

Thanks fellas, it is a lot of fun.

FozzyBear

Grate pick thinks for shairing.

iahntr

Pretty cool Todd,
and that's one heck of a race !
Thanks for all the pics.
Scott

Silencer

JohnP

WOW!  Great pictures and story.  I think I could get use to that - if there wasn't so much snow, ice and temperatures in the high 70's.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs