• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

For Plane Lovers

Started by Hawks Feather, March 14, 2010, 07:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

My wife and I spent the weekend with friends (yea, they don’t know me very well) in Columbus and since it was raining we decided to do something INSIDE.  So on Saturday morning we packed up and headed to Dayton to Wright Patterson Air Force Museum or what is sometimes called the National Museum of the US Air Force.  The place is huge and I am only posting a few of the pictures.  The next time I am not going on a weekend and am also planning to take a tripod.  There are four or five hangers that house most of the planes.  We were there a little over 6 hours and didn’t make it to all the areas that are there.  Nothing from outside since it was WET!

Jerry

Full size fighter on the right to give you an idea of the size of the back one.

Skin stripped off

Nothing like a few 20 mm guns on your sides

Bills Custom Calls

Jerry did ya see the FnF jet there

My Bro-in-law was just there last summer and he said it is a place to go see if ya ever get the chance

he took alot of pics to share and like these they were awesome

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Todd Rahm

Those are cool Jerry.

I'd love to get  a few moments in one like that #24 Strawberry. I try to get to the air shows up here every time they show up with some of that older stuff. The most impressive thing I have ever saw as the F-24 Raptor (The guy flying that thing could do some amazing stuff.)

pitw

Great pics Jerry and I thank you for the walk a long. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I only like airplanes if I'm out side of them and we are both on the ground, so this worked out good. :biggrin:

Awesome pics. I think I would have enjoyed it myself. Some of the technology that goes into these things is amazing.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FozzyBear

Good looking pick. It lookes like you had fun. I know I did. :yoyo: :yoyo:

Frogman

Thanks for the pictures!  Looks like a neat place to visit!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!