Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Tailgate / Re: Ahd Nabit!! &$*#!
« Last post by JohnP on Today at 08:28:34 AM »
"I didn't realize we had so many stand-up comics in the crowd."

I'll bet were most sitting when typing their comments.  Shall we take a poll?
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 08:51:28 PM »
Lmao... your worse then the guys at work Nasty. I duct taped it so I could where them to work today cuz we got 5 inches of snow last night and everybody said the same thing. Go to Cabela's and buy a placement boot. Tell them you only need one. lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 08:12:14 PM »
I would contact sorrels and tell them what a loyal fan you are and tell them you were attached to your boots and wondering if you could just get that one boot replaced. I bet they will send you a new pair.
The Tailgate / Re: Taste like chicken?
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 08:07:38 PM »
Good point :alscalls: :alscalls:

As long as they are "chomping" down on Kalifornians what is the problem?
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 07:33:07 PM »
You guys KNOW this is gonna work.
FlexSeal on the inside first
Now I need to stop and pick up some black for the outside and they're going to be just like new!

« Last post by Okanagan on Yesterday at 07:19:04 PM »
Shoe Goo is pretty good stuff but I've never used it for such a big hole.  I haven't used Flex Seal but it looks like better stuff to me for this job.  You might glue/seal it with Shoe Goo then put a big patch over the outside with Flex Seal.  I'd think that Flex Seal would hold an outer patch of rubber material in place better than Shoe Goo.  Got some inner tube for patch material?    Cosmetics don't matter, but a red or hunter orange colored patch would give those plain boots some class!

I'm curious as to how this will turn out and how well a patch will wear.

« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 07:02:09 PM »
I didn't realize we had so many stand-up comics in the crowd. You all are some funny sonsabitches ain't you.. laughing at my mishaps LOL.
I'm not sure how long I've had these, maybe five years or more. They're the only boot that kept my feet warm during hunting and ice fishing. Of course the liners are responsible for most of that and I did buy new liners a few years ago.
They make some stuff called Shoe Goo that I watched a couple videos of. It seems to be like extra durable rubber sealer. Comes in a squeeze tube. I thought about putting a couple of vulcanized tire patches over top of it and then sealing it with the Shoe Goo. Or maybe some goo, then the patches next layer, and then the goo over top.
But I think a better idea is putting a small piece of Flex Seal on the inside and the outside. I've got some of the tape here at home and I can't believe how incredibly sticky and waterproof it really is, if anybody's ever used it.
I'm going to come up with something. Well, I'm going to make an attempt at it I should say. 150 bucks in and my favorite boots I hate to just dismiss them this easily.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Annual LBL Hunt / Re: ORION 2018 LBL Calls
« Last post by Coyotes-R-Us on Yesterday at 03:13:46 PM »
 :wo:
 For pics?
Photobucket has canceled all there free services a number of months ago.
I use this one very similar and easy, it also resizes them for posting.
https://postimages.org/ 
The Tailgate / Re: Taste like chicken?
« Last post by JohnP on Yesterday at 03:13:31 PM »
As long as they are "chomping" down on Kalifornians what is the problem?
« Last post by JohnP on Yesterday at 03:11:07 PM »
I think the no blood post by pitw is the best, but I would try to save them.  You have some good suggestion on how to repair them.  I'd give them a try before spending big bucks on a new pair.  Next time maybe you will be more careful on your choice of 4x4 supports and how you place your feet, you still have much to learn grasshopper.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10