Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Tailgate / Re: I finally made it. I'm rich and famous now...
« Last post by Coulter on Today at 09:09:18 AM »
Sounds good Clyde...I'll be in touch as we get closer to the climb date.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!

Steve
The Tailgate / Re: I was reminded why I left this line of work.
« Last post by Okanagan on Today at 08:38:50 AM »
Jim, excellent work showing specialized knowledge and high skill.  My words don't convey how much I respect that.

My younger son worked for a roofing outfit his last year attending U. of Washington, full time in summer and they kept him on through the Fall part time.  Come hunting season he quit.  He told me he figured that he could get another part time job of some kind after hunting season.  When he was done hunting his roofer boss hired him back and appeared to be hiding a smile.  He and his brother roofed our house a few years later when we lived in the north end of Seattle sprawl, probably saved me 15K.  I was the gofer and ground crew but they would not let me work at anything on the roof. 
Birds / Re: Fall crossbow season....
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Today at 07:32:40 AM »
Yerry. {turkey esquire}
 :laf: :laf:

Yep, that fits.

Yerry
« Last post by HaMeR on Today at 06:24:38 AM »
Yerry. {turkey esquire}

:laf: :laf:
« Last post by HaMeR on Today at 06:22:56 AM »
Yeah those tile & slate roofs are mega $$$$$$$$!! The amount of labor involved is tremendous. I've been on well over 200 squares of slate just on 2 different houses & it's time consuming.
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 09:39:43 PM »
Holy crap John! :holdon: :puke:

Jerry, I like the way you think. More Plastisol :eyebrow: :eyebrownod:
« Last post by Dave on Yesterday at 08:00:19 PM »
That's great, Pat.  Wish we had more turkeys around here.  PA Game Commission closed the fall season the last few years in our area because of low numbers.
Congrats
Big Game / Re: Killed a deer not fit to eat
« Last post by Okanagan on Yesterday at 01:02:34 PM »
If I had to bet I'd bet on the lion attack, their claws are full of bacteria of all sorts and could've easily left her with an infection.   No doubt in my mind you did the right thing.  Out of curiosity are your deer tags over the counter or do you have to draw, one per year?

In the whole Province of British Columbia we have a limit of three deer per year with over the counter tags.  Some areas are open for does with the over the counter tags, some for bucks only.  The tag I drew was for a mule deer doe in a 4 point buck only area, and the timing coincided with an open moose season. 

To complicate things:  The Queen Charlotte Islands (Haida Gwai) are an exception where the annual limit for over the counter tags is 15 deer of either sex.  That's 950 road miles plus an 8 hour ferry ride from me.  I should start a Go Fund Me account to pay for a hunt up there!
« Last post by JohnP on Yesterday at 12:36:27 PM »
We just got an estimate on our tile roof   ---   hope you're sitting down -- $30,000 -- I'm now looking for my three amigo's Juan, Jose and Miguel.  They will probably do it for $3,000 and a few taco's. 
Big Game / Re: Killed a deer not fit to eat
« Last post by JohnP on Yesterday at 12:25:57 PM »
If I had to bet I'd bet on the lion attack, their claws are full of bacteria of all sorts and could've easily left her with an infection.   No doubt in my mind you did the right thing.  Out of curiosity are your deer tags over the counter or do you have to draw, one per year?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10