• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How much does it REALLY cost?

Started by FinsnFur, December 11, 2009, 07:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Hey if it sounds as good as a WT I want that new Foxpro the CS something or other. I have an FX5 so why not trade up. I may. jsut depends on how muche MORE money I have to shell out. Do I want to NO but I just want the better sound quality. If I could open up my FX5 abd make it sound less tiny less of that speaker echo that machinacal twang that I hear in it. The WT didnt have that unless you went WAY UP in volume.

Basically it comes down to ANY preceived  EDGE! I was sitting at the camp sight the other night and I could count the number of red spot lights that went off over over the course of teh night. I am hunting a very hunted area. So any edge I can muster.

If you take that door bell out to the woods and bring in a yote they are goan get wise to it very quick. Then you have how many more times before you are just carrying along some extra PITA. The high dollar stuff gives you the chance to use a greater variety of sounds.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

I hear people saying that they worry about the working man, don't worry about the cost, worry about the cost and so on.  I love the outdoors and have spent as many minutes in it as my way of life will permit.  Including just sleeping in a tent with/without Donny for at least 50 nights this year.  Everybody has their choice as you guys on this site have taught me.  I like to pit myself against the animal that I'm animal by myself with no aid from any kind of easy button[save the trigger on some kind of firearm].  I don't own a quad, electronic caller, new gun, good scope, binoculars you can actually see through and I seem to make out all right.  Can I afford the toys?  More than likely but I don't /want need them and I sure as heck will teach my boys they don't either.  It's fairly simple to start doing things the easy way but once you start it gets harder to do them the hard way in my opinion.  I've had many people say they would love to live my way of life but I don't believe it cause they aren't doing it :wo:.  What I'm trying to say is enjoy whatever you are doing and if you want change, then change it's that simple.
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

I look at it this way when I want to get something ...
I make X amount of dollars a day.  Would I work at my job long enough to pay for it?

So would I work 5, 6, or 7 days at my job to own an E-caller?  :shrug:  Haven't bought one yet. :nono:
But I do own a Browning rifle, & it shot great right out of the box. :innocentwhistle:

alscalls

I wonder sometimes if shopping for an E-caller has some of the same problems that allowing folks to hunt on my property brings.

What I mean is I let folks hunt....as many as I can....cause they need a place to go and I own such a place.

I kill deer on the place on a regular basis only to find them at the truck when I return....complaining of how tough the hunting was and how they did not see anything....I simply say then why are you standing at the truck in broad daylight.....you did not have a bad day you simply wanted easy....an easy kill that is...and that aint hunting.

I use mouth calls most of the time......I do try and change up now and then but seem to fall back on the same old call as it seems to work for me just like my favorite spinnerbait catches a lot of fish for me.... I have more confidence in it as I have seen it work many times.
I have seen a $25 E-caller work as well  but it really was not as fun for me....
I have seen $500 e-caller work  and yet I still use that same old mouth call with a confidence that can not be broken....
I aint trying to sell nothing to anyone.....nor do I want to be anyone other than a hunter
I make calls.....But I push them on no one.....I havent even put one up for sale here in a good while....
I own an E-caller and I will use it from time to time......But you will only see me back at the truck when I am done with a good days hunting as they are all good........killing or not....I try my best and if the easy button ever REALLY happens I will quit.

Hunting anything involves how we challenge ourselves .....hunting a particular buck.....is hard .....killing a buck.....not as hard
Call him in and only shoot the one you want when he comes to the call.......Now thats a challenge.... :eyebrow:
Coyotes, fox, crows.......anything you hunt you can find these challenges if the coyotes are used to anything and dont come.
I doubt it was just the call ya used.....but how ya used it and or how ya set up....or what ya did....I been there.....and I am going back......with the same old calls. :wink:

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

bigben

not sure what to say jim.  if the doorbell call works then great for ya.  the only reason I have not bought another e call like the fury or cs24 is my fx-5 is still working.  I am sure in a few years the new calls will be cheaper.  I do agree that they are over priced but like I stated that unless the demand falls for em then the price will stay up there.  foxpro did try to match what johnny stewert did with the spitfire against the pm-4.  both are cheaper and I am sure I would have bought one of them if it wasn't for allready owning a e call.  I would have stayed with my johnny stewert if it was wireless.  that was the biggest PITA then anything.  I still use it at night though off and on.  
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

THO Game Calls

The PRICE of a caller sometimes pales in comparison to the Cost to ones integrity who buys and promotes it.

It's much like the story of the man trying to get lucky in a bar.......

Man - "Darlin' would you sleep with me for a million bucks?"

Hot Woman  "Well, Yes, I think I would."

Man "Well, would you do it for 25 bucks?"

Hot Woman "NO!  What do you think I am!?"

Man  "I already know what you are, we're just haggling over the price now."

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

pitw

Well I guess talking isn't allowed on all boards.  Went over to PM and this is what I found.

Your account has been banned or locked. This is a permanent ban. If the Administrator has specified a reason for this ban, you will find it below.

After an administrative review, it has been decided that you will no longer have posting privleages here at Predator Masters.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Thanks HaMeR  :laf:.  A few guys wanted to know how it came out so I thought I'd let you all know :innocentwhistle:.   Jim should have done the same thing after 47 posts here  :wink:.  Took me less time to get to 2200 posts here than to get 47 over there  :iroll:.

HaMeR

:laf: @ the post count!! You got to 2200 here quicker because you can post your opinions freely.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Quote from: HaMeR on December 16, 2009, 09:18:43 AM
You got to 2200 here quicker because you can post your opinions freely.  :yoyo:

No I can't  :confused:.  I hijacked one fellows thread with the help of some guy who collects calls  :innocentwhistle: and felt so guilty I had to buy his call :laf: :laf:.

YOTERS DEN

Quote from: CCP on December 11, 2009, 10:28:18 PM
QuoteAmerican made, American Salaries the cost is in overhead,

There is a difference in Made in America and assembled in America.

The e-caller companies claiming "made in America" really means "assembled in America".

The molding and electronics and most all electronic components they use come from other countries and are assembled here.

When I went to the "Extreme Dimensions" facility it was a like a big back yard garage where they just boxed up the callers that came from over the pond (oversea's for you younger fella's) :eyebrow: and then just filled orders and shipped them out.
Developed in America, but manufactured in china.

"Predator Hunters Custom Gear Headquarters"
1-877-657-4824

bigben

well I know that foxpro does make their own boards in house.  they assemble the calls right there in lewistown.  Not sure where they get their speakers.  or components.  like yoters den said they could be out sourcing the work to china or mexico.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

slagmaker

I have actually owrked for a company that bought a product form China. Then they take the product out of the box we received it in and put it in our box and shipped it to the customer.  :holdon: Yeah I know thats whacked :doh2:...

YOTERS DEN

Quote from: bigben on December 17, 2009, 07:43:44 AM
well I know that foxpro does make their own boards in house.  they assemble the calls right there in lewistown.  Not sure where they get their speakers.  or components.  like yoters den said they could be out sourcing the work to china or mexico.

Indeed it was a worth while trip to watch FOXPRO assemble the callers from start to finish and to meet the guys there really down to earth fella's for sure. Also thier cool indoor archery range is awesome

American made all the way!
"Predator Hunters Custom Gear Headquarters"
1-877-657-4824

Silencer

QuoteNo I can't  .  I hijacked one fellows thread with the help of some guy who collects calls   and felt so guilty I had to buy his call 

:roflmao: :laf: :roflmao: :laf: :roflmao: :laf:    :yoyo:

Jimmie in Ky

Fellas, they get these prices because they can , period... We all answer questions everyday about this or that being the best sound or tactic. All those who are not as succesful are looking for and finding the magic bullet so to speak.

Look at teh bowhuntign industry and see the paralels there as well. It's faster, quieter,latest technology etc. Same old bullstuff but the public goes for it.

I find it rediculuos sometimes. The latest in mouth calls is hte Primo's cat something or other. It's a dang replica of the js pc3 with a rubber booty on it. But it's a Primos backed by Randy Anderson .

Our world is driven by foolish people willing to throw money at anything and everything for instant success , When all it takes is some hard work to succeed. Jimmie

slagmaker

If you slap a NEW and IMPROVED sticker on anything someone is gona buy it and swear that there success went up by a huge degree.  In truth there is most likley no major diffrence in the old versus new. Now you can come out with a major break through in something like the quality of the sound. If you want to get a better quality sound then you have to have the power in the board. More powerfull board means someone is gona get more money. It does take money to design these things. YES they are over priced when they hit the consumer but I guarentee that no one person is getting rich. There are many people that are making more money on it than it is actually worth. BUT this is the way manufacture goes.

How much is a new car actually worth before all the markups?

FinsnFur

I just think it's amazingly ironic that a remote controlled device that plays animal sounds with the push of a button, in which sells for 100's of dollars is being sold as a doorbell for $29.00 by the same company.

:roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

I have to agree, very ironic. Or Moronic depending on which end of the money trail your on.