• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I finally wore out my favorite hunting boots.....

Started by coyote101, December 08, 2015, 09:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

.....after six years of pretty hard use. I had a lot of days in them chasing coyotes, deer, turkeys and squirrels, and even took them to Alaska twice moose hunting.  ;yes; But the uppers finally wore out and started leaking.   :sad: So yesterday I went and bought a new pair, and wore them for the first time this morning while turkey hunting. Looks like they're going to work out okay.  :thumb2:

Mossberg 835 slays another one. Ok, maybe the boots didn't have much to do with it.  :shrug:

Aren't they pretty?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nailbender

Dale

:biggrin:  just lovely...   :wink:   are they a Muck boot?...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

HaMeR

Dang Pat! You're a stone cold turkey slayer!! You've got about 10 or so now haven't you?? Hope you didnt wear those in the house. Your left heel looks like it's in a "soft" spot there!!  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

:alscalls: :alscalls:

Congratulations on another fine bird Pat!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Quote from: Dale on December 08, 2015, 10:12:53 PM
  are they a Muck boot?...

Muck Fieldblazer, Dale. Very comfortable, waterproof, and reasonably warm.

Quote from: HaMeR on December 09, 2015, 07:22:49 AM
You've got about 10 or so now haven't you?

I'm not sure how many that makes Glen, but I think it's around eighteen or nineteen. I shot the first one about this time in 2010, and a bunch since then. Our season limits are very generous; we're allowed two in the spring season and four in the fall (some of them must be taken with archery equipment). That can add up pretty quick if you have a good population and you get lucky.

I've been pretty lucky.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

HaMeR

Aint lucky at all Pat!! It's the new deck blind!!  :laf: :laf:

Still a nice bird for sure. I didn't get to fall turkey hunt this year & barely got to deer hunt with the ML last week.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Nice boots, nice bird, and the only thing that I can think that would make it better would have been if it were about me.  (See, I am learning from the liberals - I didn't do anything but sit here and I think that it all should have been mine.)

Jerry

Dale

Quote from: coyote101 on December 09, 2015, 09:35:23 AM
  are they a Muck boot?...

being originally from PA, cold snow, etc in the winter time I've got several pair of the muck boots... a 8" high pair for wet and lite snow, and another set I special ordered, about the height yours are but with the chain link sole...

reason being for the chain link sole is it grips well in snow and ice but it doesn't pick up and hold mud or snow... this is a great convenience when we're out calling and not dragging a lot of snow and other muck into the truck all night long...

love me some Muck boots...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

nastygunz

Dang, we can only take one spring and one fall bird :argh:

Quote from: coyote101 on December 09, 2015, 09:35:23 AM
  are they a Muck boot?...

Quote from: HaMeR on December 09, 2015, 07:22:49 AM
You've got about 10 or so now haven't you?

I'm not sure how many that makes Glen, but I think it's around eighteen or nineteen. I shot the first one about this time in 2010, and a bunch since then. Our season limits are very generous; we're allowed two in the spring season and four in the fall (some of them must be taken with archery equipment). That can add up pretty quick if you have a good population and you get lucky.

I've been pretty lucky.  :biggrin:

Pat