• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

yall remember these?

Started by tripnasty84, March 23, 2017, 09:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripnasty84

just signed up today, im on a few other of these forums, just wanted to introduce myself and maybe bring back some memories with something i saw today. how many of you old timers remember these? still have one left at the local bp in baker wv lol, along with stanley scruggs mouth calls. bought the rodent squeaker and cottontail distress by scruggs from this same store probably a decade ago! still use em quite a bit til this day!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

tripnasty84

thank you sir

nastygunz

Welcome aboard! I still have my Johnny Stewart Crow calling cassettes.  :biggrin:

centerfire_223

I remember them well, called in several coyotes with those. But that was a long time ago, I have upgraded since then. But now it's 95% hand calls for me.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Frogman

Here you go . . .

trip nasty are you in WV?  I'm near Parkersburg!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Hawks Feather

If I look around I might find my 45 rpm Johnny Stewart record.

Jerry

nastygunz

That is pretty darn cool, I have never seen a black CD before! ..... :innocentwhistle:

Quote from: Frogman on March 24, 2017, 04:42:55 PM
Here you go . . .

Jim

FinsnFur

Mannnnn, you guys are OLD! :alscalls:
Welcome to the board tripnasty
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

tripnasty84

Quote from: Frogman on March 24, 2017, 04:42:55 PM
Here you go . . .

Jim
yes sir im in Hardy County , outside of the tiny town of Moorefield, near the Hampshire county line. lol ive heard of those records! and old man in a dicks sporting goods was telling me about the old johnny stewart albums that he had back in the day, now thats a little bit before my time lol! but awesome!

tripnasty84

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 25, 2017, 09:50:42 AM
Mannnnn, you guys are OLD! :alscalls:
Welcome to the board tripnasty
lol sad thing is im only 33! was just raised around a lot of old timers i guess! learned to call turkeys on a call hand made by my 3x great uncle, that he made from a turkey he killed! lol, i even know how to do a distress call using a leaf from a laurel held between your thumbs, now thats old school!!

RShaw

I still have the original hand call they produced too.

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

tripnasty84

RShaw, hows it sound? id like to find an old Burnham brothers call, hang it up like an antique decoration lol, maybe take it out for a walk in the woods from time to time. them old Stanley Scruggs hand calls i have sound awesome, one of my favorites

Hawks Feather

Quote from: RShaw on March 25, 2017, 05:14:06 PM

I still have the original hand call they produced too.

There it is.  I won't need to go looking for it now.

Jerry

Frogman

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that that coyote in the Johnny Stewart record cover was a taxidermy mount and not a real coyote????  Nice Burnam bros. record!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

tripnasty84

Quote from: Frogman on March 26, 2017, 08:27:30 PM
I seem to remember seeing somewhere that that coyote in the Johnny Stewart record cover was a taxidermy mount and not a real coyote????  Nice Burnam bros. record!!

Jim
now that you mentioned it, it does look like a mount lol, like they stood it there. no way that yote passed a cameraman that close and continued that close to a caller, and gave time for a photoshoot lmao

riverboss

I still have this! And it still works great.
I don't have the original speaker but I do have the one I got with it.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

tripnasty84

man thats amazing. lol i cant imagine lugging that around these mountains with my other tools! awesome, brother

riverboss

Yea the 12-14 D size battery's are bad enough!

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

tripnasty84

oh wow! thats alot of batteries!lol, talk about a way to piss off some tree hugging liberals! killing sweet little innocent k9s while burning through a half ton of batteries to call em in!