• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Leftist Nuts in Canada

Started by KySongDog, July 07, 2017, 09:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

(our own pitw excepted of course)   The Canadian leftists have seen fit to award a terrorist imprisoned at Gitmo the sum of $8 million dollars because his citizenship rights (he is Canadian) were violated.   My head is exploding.

"Omar Khadr has been tremendously lucky, all things considered. In July 2002, he killed U.S. Army Sergeant First Class Christopher Speer, a medic, with a hand grenade. The grenade also injured Sergeant Layne Morris, costing him an eye. Luckily for Khadr, however, another American medic saved Khadr’s life â€" all while working next to the corpse of his slain comrade. Now, just 15 years later, Khadr, a Canadian citizen, will be awarded roughly $8 million ($10.5 million in Canadian dollars) and an apology from the Canadian government in a settlement negotiated with Khadr’s lawyers. The money is in compensation for Canada’s cooperation with his American interrogators at Guantanamo Bay."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449250/omar-khadr-8-million-canadian-terrorist-receive-compensation-guantanamo-bay

Okanagan

The families of Speer and Morris, the dead and injured soldiers, won a wrongful death suit against Khadr for many millions.  I wonder if there is any way they can garnish Khadr's windfall?

If you made up this story and tried to sell it as a novel it is way too goofy for anyone to publish it. 

Edited later to add:  BBC news reports that Speer's widow and Layne filed to keep the Canadian Government from giving Khadr the money (and I'd guess making a claim on the payout).  BBC says that apparently the Canadian government transferred the money to Khadr as soon as possible in order to do it before the court could block paying him.

pitw

Anyone wonder why I dislike all governments. :rolleye: :rolleye:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

I hope he has an "accident"....POS!

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Quote from: pitw on July 07, 2017, 12:07:49 PM
Anyone wonder why I dislike all governments. :rolleye: :rolleye:

Great minds think alike.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

"The money is in compensation for Canada’s cooperation with his American interrogators at Guantanamo Bay."

They must have hurt his feelings :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Today's news in Canada is that 71% of all Canadians are opposed to paying Khadr.  91% of Conservative Party members oppose it.  A majority of Liberal Party members oppose it as do a majority of New Democratic Party ( who are left of the Liberals). 

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on July 10, 2017, 10:41:21 PM
Today's news in Canada is that 71% of all Canadians are opposed to paying Khadr.  91% of Conservative Party members oppose it.  A majority of Liberal Party members oppose it as do a majority of New Democratic Party ( who are left of the Liberals).

If'n it were up to me there wouldn't be anything left of the Liberals, or NDP for that matter. :eyebrow:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

It is amazing of all the idiots in our Government , I am gonna have to apologize to Joe Biden as I thought he was the biggest dufus   ever  for VP, but Thank the good lord Hillary did not win as her VP is a quadruple dufus, I cannot understand how these people got elected. I agree with Barry no Liberals would make it a lot better world.