• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Jaguar

Started by JohnP, January 01, 2018, 08:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

A jaguar has been spotted in the Chiricahua Mountains of Southern Arizona.  That is the third one, two in the Huachuca's and now this one in the Chiricahuas.  Game & Fish says all three are males probably looking for new territory and/or ladies.  A short story:  Many years ago, mid 70's a friend and I calling lions in the Huachuca's caught movement in the tangled brush on the opposite side of a steep ravine. Thinking it was a lion we both got ready to shoot, then we saw spots and my buddy whispered it's an Ocelot.  As it exited the brush into a more open area we saw the biggest Ocelot in the world !!! We were looking at what I am positive was the first jaguar spotted in Southern Arizona in decades. On the way home we decided to stop at Nick's Saloon and Grill for few brews.  The Game Warden at the time was also a good friend so later that evening we called him and relayed our story to him.  He suggested that we had one or two beers to many and the story never got any further.  That was the last time I ever reported anything to Game & Fish.     
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

I just saw a cougar at the Marathon.
It's a rare sighting around hear. By that age most are already moose.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

Okanagan

John, you received a gift, one of the rarest sightings in North America.

FinsnFur

I wish they wouldnt act that way. Our DNR does the same thing. I very much wonder if they know what we are claiming is true but are told to deny it to avoid hysteria.
We dont have any wolves or bears in our area either according to them. Both have been seen, videoed and reported.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

They do the same thing with mountain lions here. Although they did admit a fish and game department employees saw one but they said it must've been a released pet.