• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Keltec sub 2000

Started by johnoh, January 13, 2018, 04:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnoh

Well I think I am getting one of these in 9mm this year, anyone have one? Reviews seem good looks like a cool little camp gun or hiking gun.

nastygunz

I was interested in a Keltec or  High Point but this new Ruger carbine really has my attention, and it takes Glock magazines :

https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

johnoh

Those are really nice the rugers, I like the fold up features on the Keltec they are hard to find in 9 mm. Would be nice to throw in the pack. Or I may just get a hi point and more ammo. Hickock 45 had  good reviews on both guns. 40 cal. Is much easier to find but I think the wife will shoot the check out of it.

nastygunz

I had a Highpoint in 9 mm years ago never had a problem with it and sold it because I had a buddy who really wanted it.

johnoh

I like the hi point a lot, and can pick a new one up for 239. Soon as the manuscripts in ill make up my mind if the wife wouldn't get angry In we could get both.

FinsnFur

I bought a Keltec 9 a couple years ago for my CCW. Absolutely love it for that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Keltec made a little 9 mm years ago that had a clip on it.  You could put that sucker anywhere. Might be the same one you have Jim. Told myself if I came across one I would get it.

The 2000 is cool, and I like the fold up features. You might want to check out the Micro Roni for the Glock. If you already have a Glock, its a bonus. If not then you get two guns for only about $250 extra. I'm thinking about picking one up for my Glock 22. (In the back of my mind I'm also contemplating picking up a Gen 5 Glock 19 and a Micro Roni) but still undecided.

Compiled some gift cards from birthdays and holidays, but cant make decision when I'm in the gun store.  :biggrin: (Man problems, lol) Had it narrowed down to Kimber Micro 9, Gen 5 Glock 19, Glock 43 and/or the front runner unless you guys can talk me out of it, Mossberg MVP. (Kinda like the scout rifle concept that takes an AR Mag.)

johnoh

I was watching videos on the Ruger pc 9. Now I'm liking it a lot also, I have a Glock 34 so I already have 3 magazine's, it breaks down also a d would be great for backpacking.

nastygunz

I never heard of the micro roni, kinda liking that baby! I have a glock 17 plenty of mags.  Those Ruger's are slicker than snail shit on a Pump handle though :yoyo:

Todd Rahm

Mr. Rahm? (Todd looks around to see who in the hell Nasty is talking to?)  :biggrin:

Actually looked at that Nasty and compared it with the MVP. They both had pros and cons, but the MVP is currently on sale at the local store for about $400 less.  :wo: There is actually a couple of really good videos reviewing and comparing the two.

nastygunz

I'm trying to pump up the New Hampshire economy  :biggrin: :alscalls:

johnoh

Well got a Keltec coming that takes Glock mags, I'll give you a review as soon as it gets here and I get out.