• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Strange animal in Montana

Started by KySongDog, May 25, 2018, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Anyone know what the hail this thing is? It was shot in Montana and wildlife officials are scratching their heads.  Wolf? Dog/wolf?

Here is the story with pics:  http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/05/25/strange-wolf-like-animal-killed-in-montana-puzzles-wildlife-officials.html

remrogers

Looks like a crossbreed of some kind. Knew a fellow  who had a wolf/shepherd cross that was the size of a St. Bernard, but looked like a huge shepherd.

Okanagan

Yep, crossbreed and I'd guess coyote and dog of some kind.  The big ears make it look like a young animal.

KySongDog

I thought crossbreed at first also.  What got my attention was that Montana's wildlife officials were baffled.  I'm sure they've seen plenty of crossbred critters over the years.   Maybe the DNA test will give a better idea of what this thing was.   

Coyotes-R-Us

Our FWP is that stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!
They so much don't want us to know there are way more wolf and grizzly bears out running around that will lye and act stupid to keep that information under cover.
Many years ago I took them a picture I took of two wolf 200 miles from where there supposed to be.
They flat out told me I WAS lying to them where I took the picture. And that they where not wolf. WHAT?
They kept the picture and said they may need it in there investigation , OF ME!
:readthis:
old is the new young