• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Showcase, Holzer Howlers, by Brad Holzer

Started by Brad H, May 31, 2007, 09:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Hey Brad, that's a great write up, a beautiful family and an outstanding call. You definitely have a way with horns.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Brad H

I've also been video taping the kids quite a bit. I've got 1/2 hour of the girls just learning to ride their bikes. I'll do the same when it warms up enough for them to get into the pool in the back yard even though they've been able to swim for two years now. I found a tape of them from '03 and couldn't believe the difference...it just didn't seem that long ago.

About that call...I spent a lot of time detailing it. I probably worked on it for two months off and on specifically for this thread. There's only one other one like it somewhere in TN. I'm anxious to send it off to the recipient.

I plan on doubling my cat take this time around. I'll keep you guys updated.

Thanks so much everyone!!!

Brad

Fireball221

Brad,
As usual a TOP NOTCH HOWLER.  I really enjoyed hearing about your family.  You are a very blessed man!  Hope you are still thinking of a unique open reed antler call for me.  I love the calls you have made for me and I know the lucky winner of this howler will be hooked for life on the sport of calling.  Have a Great Weekend,
Dave

Jimmie in Ky

You've come a long way since you began call making Brad. I remember those first ones very well. 

:thumb2:  Jimmie

Hawks Feather

Brad,

Great writeup.  Glad to see that you have your priorities in line in that your family comes first.  Call making can come and go, but your family will last much longer.  You did an excellent job on that howler.  I am sure that I am like everyone else and am hoping that my name will be pulled.  But if it is, or if it isn't, nice call.

Jerry

Red Dog

Brad;
Your call is a beaut!!!! :congrats:Wish had had that talent.You also have a family to be proud of.Thanks for sharing!!Hope to see more of your calls

Montana Hunter

Brad-
    Great post!  Your calls are looking grrreeaat!  Keep up the good work!  I really love my howler and mighty mouse.   :congrats: :congrats:  Thanks!   Greg

Nelson

A beautiful family and a beautiful call.  :yoyo:

Nelson

straycat

Nice write up Brad. Great lookin work.........maybe some day I'll get one of yours.   :innocentwhistle:

Nice to see how your priorites go.Keep it up.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bob D

Brad,
I enjoyed reading about you and your family. Very nice family BTW. I have several of your calls and they are some of my favorites. Your work is just pure quality and the results ( the calls) show from every angle,  the time and attention you put into them. Did I mention they work as well a they look? I've had good luck using your calls , your buffalo howler goes with me whenever I go hunting. It is my number one predator call. Am I a Brad H call fan? You betcha!!!
:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
Bob

kkbait

ohiobob

Brad
Great story and great job on the call, I have NEVER seen a Flame Job on a howler or ANY Call for that matter BUT you did an exceptional job on this AND ALL YOUR CALLS !!! and a GREAT FAMILY also,,you have it made my friend !!!
Thank you
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

The Rock

Sweet Howler Brad!!

Great Write up too!

If I end up with that beaut or any other holzer call I'll burn some Yote for sure. :wink:

THO Game Calls

I'm he proud owner of two BradH calls, and they are among the finest in my collection.  But they don't sit on the shelf - they get used - and used alot. 

Great calls from a great call maker.  You just can't go wrong with one or two of Brads calls in your bag. 

Beautiful howler in the showcase Brad - Who evere wins it will be luckier than if he hit a lottery jackpot.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

rwehuntn

Great looking call Brad. Nice write up about you and your family. Keep up the work, it is very nice.

rwehuntn

kkbait

Bopeye

I enjoyed your write up Brad.......didn't realize you were in the oilfield. I had an uncle up in Roundup, Montana that worked for a pump outfit, my dad spent several years in the oilfield. It was a second job for several years and then for a few years became a full time endeavor. My grandpa was also a well known oilman up in Gillette, Wy., Sterling Colorado and McCook, Nebraska. He was a vice president of an independent oil producer named Rex Monahan. He worked for Skelly/Getty before that.
I love your howler in this showcase, but that one you have in your banner with the flames is gorgeous.

Keep on truckin with your pursuits and remember that family comes first........as you already well know.  :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

yotehunter74

Simply put.... AMAZING... and wonderful family....

Brad H

Thanks for all the great replies fellow hunters! I can't say enough about this showcase idea Jim and Brent put together. And it's a privilege to be a part of it.

Bop, I knew you lived in WY, but I didn't know you had oilfield ties either. Roundup is still there, but not much happening that I've heard. WY and CO are both exploding as I'm sure you know. It's an interesting business from every angle.

Brad

desert dog

Brad,

That is one of the most incredibly detailed calls I have seen.  Superb work.  Excellent write and pics of the family.

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"