• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Showcase, C-BAD Custom Calls, by Rocky Meadors

Started by The Rock, June 30, 2007, 11:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Very beautiful family Rock, and extremely nice lokking show case call.  :congrats:

Hawks Feather

Rocky,

Nice looking calls and great bio.  This is a great way to learn more about the call makers.  Again, nice work.

Jerry

FinsnFur

No second call Rocky  :shck:   But the gift certificate for 50% of my next C-Bad purchase was more then enough. You shouldnt have.  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

The call with the track on it is a beauty.  Good looking outdoors family, god bless. 

Pilgrim

HaMeR

Thats a nice lookin call Rocky!! I knew you would make a real nice one. You have a nice Family too & I gotta believe there are some good reasons for putting up with your hobbies. It probably has to do with the fact you cherish them & they cherish you.

You send extra calls with each one??  :wo:   I'm thinking Jim got an "Insurgancy charge" on that one. :shrug: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nailbender

Great stuff there Rocky!   Sounds like you've got your priorities straight.  Really sharp call.  :congrats:

Bopeye

I wish I could get my wife to even take a walk with me....... :innocentwhistle:
You are a blessed man. I really like your calls.......works of art.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ohiobob

Rocky
I enjoyed your Bio and the Family Pics also,, I LOVE the Acrylic and Aluminum look ! it must be the Machinist in me  :laf:   it does look very good :highclap:
I myself have been thinking on gettin a Manual Metal Lathe and a Bridgeport Mill  :confused: :shrug: But your work is great,,Did you work as a Machinist in working with engines in the Oil Patch ? or in Racing,or did you just get on your Dad's Lathe 1 day and started making Chips fly ? :wink: well Keep up the GREAT WORK !!! and take care of the Wife and kids  :highclap:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

coyotehunter_1

Great showcase, well done! ;yes;  Very unique calls.... :thumb2:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

The Rock

Wonderful replies about the calls and family. Thanks guys!

Jim, I think that 50% off coupon was from your insurgent. :innocentwhistle:

Brad, the Oilfield is busy down here. Drilling and well reworking is going on like crazy. It is cool to get to be out in some of  the hunting turf everyday and find the critters. Advantages during the job are always a bonus.

R.J., I'm looking forward to your trip to N.M. I'll be busy for sure around that time with the Elk and Deer hunt but, I'll be there for that Tika busting some coyote hides in N.M.  :wink:

Ohio bob, I picked up the machining from Dad. I watched him make chips and metal fly all through growing up. Took metal shop classes all through school and learned to do some stuff the right way :confused:. I picked up my lathe a few years back to do my own gun work. I've built a few rifles and saved more than enough on the rifles that paid for the lathe easy. It's nice to have for plenty of hobby jobs!

Glen, I can't give extra calls with every deal but, some people have spent alot of time and money over the years with people and net forums. Little things like an extra call now and then are just a small thank you for all that many of you folks do.

Jim, That hammer handle is on the bottom right. These are many of the first calls I built. A couple of them were made by my father too. He has been trying to out do me since that first one off of his lathe.  :wo:

Rocky

FinsnFur

Ah yah...the ole hickory handle  :wink:

I still like your shiney ones better. It's a whole new look, and a fancy one at that
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

I understand Rocky. :biggrin:  And I really like those calls you make. That bead blasted pair I got for my brother were really cool in the hand & he really likes them too. Sometimes I think it's too bad we don't have more coyotes around here for all these calls to get a good workout but on the other hand I'm kinda glad the numbers are low with all the developments going up around here. Little kids really are at risk if they shold happen to wander in the wrong direction.  But I keep trying!! I carry my original C-Bad aluminum call & a few others every time I go out. :biggrin:

BTW-- Thats a heckuva banner you put up for these guys Jim!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

I dont have much to offer Glen, do what I can  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Rocky,

The rich red of that mouthpiece is a beautiful contrast that aluminum body.  The beed blasted paw print looks sweet too.

That's a very unique style you have, one like I've never seen before.  Come to think of it, I don't have a C-Bad call in my collection yet.  If'n I aint the lucky one after the drawing I'll have to get a hold of you for one to add. 

Great wright up on the bio, I consider myself fortunate to have hunting in common with my wife as well.  It's good to see others have the same bond. 

Keep up the great work, and we'll see you around!

Joey Gacnik
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

DirtyDog

That is one sweet call. I love that metal finish. I am curious as to what kind of sound it makes. I would think that they would be really loud.  :eyebrow: Guys, just give up now.....this one is mine.  :sneer:

Coulter

Very cool call Rocky, it really stands out in a class of its own. You are one lucky dude to have such a great family, keep them after them yotes.

Steve

BasinBoy

awh

Very nice write-up, call and choice of materials Rocky.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Jerry Hunsley

Rocky, Very nice calls you have there. I too started calling coyotes at a very young age. Looks like you have a wonderful family. I raised two boys and brought them up hunting and fishing and today they are very nice drug free guys. They grow up in a hurry so spend a lot of time with them. I was in Carlbad and went through the cave some years ago. Very pretty and unusual scenery. I came accross from El Paso and that country looked like it would be full of coyotes and bocat. Very nice pictures also.