• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

News:

In memory of, and honoring, the men and woman whom never made it back home, serving our country.

Main Menu

triple beard

Started by KySongDog, April 03, 2008, 10:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I was rummaging through some old pics and found this one of a triple bearded bird from a few years ago.  There's been a few double beards over the years but this is the only triple bearded bird I've taken.  Anybody else take multiple bearded birds?

Semp

HaMeR

Thats real cool Semp!! Congrats on that one!! Must be close to 16" of beard on that bad boy huh??   :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

cb223

Last year was the first and only one. It was a double, something like 10 1/2 and an 8 1/4 if I remember right.

CHAD

Silencer

Nope, I've never even seen one other than pictures.  Maybe this year  :eyebrow: :sneer:

That's a nice bird  :bowingsmilie:

DirtyDog

Id be happy with one.  :biggrin: Nice bird Semp.......  :congrats:

nastygunz

NEATO :biggrin:...Ive never seen a multi-beard before....i did get a bearded hen once during fall archery season.

BigB

I don't have any pics of the bird, but I do have a fan and beard mount of the double bearded tom that I shot about 10 years ago.

These two fan and beard mounts are of my first two turkeys taken.  The one on the right was my very first bird, and the one on the left was take a few years later, and was my first double beard.

Here's a side view of the double beard.

That tripple bearded one is way cool.  Congrats on that one.  I hope to shoot another multiple bearded one someday.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

HaMeR

Nice lookin birds Brian!! I would prolly pass out if I walked up to a double bearded Tom.  :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

BigB

Glen,

That's exactly one of the reasons that I wear binocs when turkey hunting.  I've shot enough tom turkeys over the past 10 or so years, that I am really picky now.  I wear 10x50 binocs when turkey hunting, and they really allow me to thoroughly check over the turkey before I shoot him.  Last year, I passed on about 3 turkeys because I found the longest spurred one in the group with my binocs.  Before I take a tom anymore, I always will check the beard and spurs with the binocs to size him up.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

HaMeR

I just might carry mine with me this year now. :eyebrow: I just figured as long as one shows up within range I'm burnin powder at it!!  :eyebrownod:  Then again I don't get them coming in multiples here either so I take what I can get with a beard. Last year my 2nd turkey was a jake. I yelped at him & he got close enough to just stick his head up. I just kept watching his beard grow & grow until I had what I thought was a decent 5-6" beard & layed him out. Turns out he was a nice 15lb Jake with a very thick 6" beard. I tagged him & headed home!! That's the reason I personally let Jakes walk unless it's the end of the season & I haven't shot my 1st bird yet. I felt kinda bad for taking him out so young because I thought he had a lot of potential. But done is done & it was fair chase. I took my Trophy home with me.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

BigB, you make them plaques yourself ?  That a real nice way of displaying your bird  :yoyo:

BigB

Silencer,

I bought both of the plaques.  I think one of them came from Walmart and the other from Gander Mountain.  Which ever was on sale at the time. 

Here's a link to quite a few turkey plaques:
http://midwestturkeycall.com/prodlist.asp?cat=Fan~and~Beard~Displays&dn=1&cc=T

Brian