• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

OH-OH !

Started by nastygunz, November 23, 2008, 05:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Calls and Calling >> Electronic Calls   Previous     Index     Next     Threaded   

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all) 
JoshT

Reged: 11/20/08
Loc: USA   The Fury uses FHSS, why?
      #52982145 - 11/20/08 10:33 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I'm sorry if I am bursting anyone's bubble here, but I'm baffled why anyone would put a 900MHz FHSS transceiver in a game call. I'm referring to the new Fury. First, you have to crank the output power up 6dB (that's 4x the power) to get the same range as the 418MHz transmitters just due to the loss of going to twice the frequency.

Next, if you guys plan to use these things within 20 miles of oil and gas fields (or any utility), you are probably going to get jammed. All of the rigs use excessively high gain 900MHz FHSS radios to pump data back to their base stations, and believe me--the spectrum is crowded out there with these data radios and their repeaters. Ironically, 900MHz is actually the most crowded spectrum in remote locations because of this. Whereas, 418MHz is ideal for a remote control, because it is narrow band, the lower frequency automatically doubles the distance (with the same power), the band is super quiet, and it is what the 418MHz band was intended for--remote controls. Plus, 400MHz *bends* twice as much around hills and trees.

Let me just say this one last thing, and I will get off my soap box. It only takes one week to get approval through the FCC for FHSS radios, once your independent lab has tested and show that you pass. I would guess that FoxPro is fighting the power they need to output, because they now have to abide by the requirements stating the transmitter has to be a certain distance from the human body. I sure hope they SAR test it. In short, FHSS is designed for high data transfer, and it's a technique (bandaid) used in the ISM 900MHz band to avoid getting jammed--because it is crowded! Or, it could be they are not passing FCC because they aren't any good at designing transmitters that can pass the harmonic requirements. At any rate, I wish everybody would quite blaming the FCC for holding up the Fury.

The greater distance argument doesn't hold much water with me. The only advantage, if there is one, is that the higher frequency will help some with the Fresnel zone, but that's a stretch. The distance they will gain over 418MHz will have to come at the expense higher transmit power (i.e. more battery power). Besides, the 418MHz callers out there
get plenty of distance at much much lower output power. 100-200 yards with a 418MHz is enough for me. What a ridiculous solution.

Josh

P.S. Bottom line, my guess is that FoxPro is late because they didn't do their homework when they designed the call, and now they are surprised in the qualification lab, and have a load of delivery requirements. All of this to get a link from the receiver back to the remote. Thanks, but I'll just use my ears. Let's all lay off the FCC, it's not their fault. 

CCP

Quotewith increased competition coming from overseas, we have to take advantage of our strength, and that is our engineering capabilities. The companies that get their products made overseas have a huge labor advantage over us. We are paying American people American wages, and paying benefits on top.

Seems like they need to hire this guy in the engineering dept. + I always heard they only assembled them here in the U.S. the components come from over seas like most electronic gadgets of today.

Of course as usual the faxpro guys were there to take a hunk out of him. I don't understand how people can be so fanatical about a call making company. I like the Minaska game calls better than any I have tried. You don't see me jumping in and defending the Borlands when they are not returning calls or not giving answers when there ask to over there.

I can say I have NEVER seen Faxpro not answer something like this quickly and put out the fire. I seen the unit at the Kansas show and if I remember right it was going to be out as soon as the FCC were done. That fire aint been  burning in California that long.

What ever the reason is Faxpro and  Minaska both have been letting the ball roll around to long. I wish one of them would pick it up and play ball with us.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

bigben

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

This tech stuff is WAY over my head.   But I know enough to know these e-caller wars are all about money and convincing customers MY e-caller is better that THEIR e-caller.  They all have more features than I'll ever use.  Hail, I can barely make a call on my cell phone.  :eyebrownod:

:corn:

possumal

For any of you who are interested, Mike Dillon has made a post over at PM updating the situation on the Fury.  All FCC paperwork is now received, and production will return to normal.  I look forward to receiving and field testing the new Fury, and I know the people who have been patient will be glad they did. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

bigben

last night as I was cruising around on the internet I got to thinking.  why does foxpro release their calls right at the start of the season?  I imagine it helps sell a bunch right now.  compared to releasing it in the spring or even the summer.  the last couple calls they have released came out and was supposed to ship at the end of october early november.  first it was  the fx3 which actually came out in early september but their was a waiting line a mile long.  the fx5 came out the following year and was around the same time late september.  the scorpion I believe came out in october last year and now this year we have the fury.  I could not believe my ears this summer when mike said at our expo that the next call coming out would out do the fx-5.  it sure looks like they have outdone the fx-5 but it would be nice if they took the next year off and come out with some better sounds.  a buddy of mine got a foxpro all in one because he did not want to wait for the fury and he was dissapointed in the coyote sounds.  I have 100 and something sounds on my call and I can honestly say only 25 or so are worth a darn to me.  the rest seem crackly and not very clear.  I have pulled distress series off my video camara while hunting at night and those sounds play clear.  so it leads me to believe that the sounds can be better.  I do know that there have been more sounds released that sound good on the computer in the short clip they give you to listen too.  I have not really got any new ones from foxpro since I got my fx-3 upgraded to my fx-5
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

HaMeR

Damn glad I got banned from that place.  :readthis:

TWICE!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

browning204

Quote from: bigben on November 25, 2008, 10:10:36 AM
turns out josht was bill martz. 

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=52982145&page=0&fpart=5&vc=1

I doubt very highly that it was Martz who wrote that! Could it be true that fauxpro and PM have pissed off enough people that this could be the work of someone else?

I mean come on people. They are willing to throw punches in a dark room and not know who they swinging at!! Typical PM login. Who ever it was really knows his stuff. I see that the Dillons think it was more than one person, Come on, that is silly. Until I see concrete proof that that IP came from NH and from Bills town, I don't buy it.

Anyways, Bill is not a stupid man. If he can fund all this hi tech recording crap, travel around the world and get all these animals to make sounds for his callers, don't you think that he just might be able to use a secret IP or router or whatever the computer geeks do? ALL these fauxpro humpers (some of you are part of this thread) need to take off your tin foil hats, put down your cool aid and put away that sticky picture ad. of the fauxpro pro product line and really start thinking for your selves. Just because one pillow humping Mod. at PM says it was Martz, everyone is now convinced. Sad!

You would think the Bill Martz real name is Nero Ceasar!   
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

RShaw

possumal I have a question.  You said you were waiting on your new Fury to field test it. Right? In other words, you don't get one until the general public does. I always thought the field staff were the ones to test a caller and work out the bugs before the general public could buy it. If you don't get one before the rest of us, then just exactly what does a field staffer do for fox pro do that anyone else who buys one couldnt do? Maybe it is the same deal on other field staff for other ecallers, I dont know. Just asking.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

browning204

They do nothing, they just help dog pile on other caller users, and help spread the lies  that the higher ups put out!

Otherwise it is a way to make the boot lickers feel as if all their time with their heads up someone elses ass paid off.

And, I will bet dollars to donuts that there are Fury's out there, being used with out the FCC stickers on them! Maybe not Possum but I would be  pretty certain that there are some in Texas and a couple in Cali.

Mark my words, someone, one of the All might field staffers will post pics of the dozens of critters that they shot by using the Fury long before the "official" release date.
And when someone bright enough catches on and starts asking questions, PM and the goons will shut the thread down.

snowcamoman

browning204,
I'd bet my money that FoxPro wouldn't risk putting out a product like that without following the rules. You really don't know what you're talking about anyways and never really have anything decent to add to a post besides an attack. Honestly, when are you going to start thinking for yourself? Take the time to put together some logical ideas backed with proof and then come to the tables with it, as opposed to just spouting off at the mouth about what you think is going on. I'm not drinking the Kook aid for anybody, and I won't because I'll buy them all or get others to get them for me if needed. I'd put money on it that no FoxPro field staffer is going to put out a picture of dead animals that received the product prior to FCC approval. If there are some in Texas and Cali, get the information for me and let me know as I'd like to hear about it. If you can't prove it, then just shut up and add something useful to the post rather than just babbling on how you hate FoxPro (we've all heard your broken record).  I have almost all of them (Except the new KanatiTek, Minaska clone model) and they'll all flat out call critters. Now Martz on the other hand has his fair share of issues and can call me anytime he wants to talk about them. He knows where I stand on his tactics and methods of getting (and losing)  customers. He even threatened to come "visit" me while he was here in Alaska, but I never got the privilege.  I wonder what happened to all of WT's field staffers?  It does seem that at least one of them might still be on staff, or part owner:
http://www.portfolio.com/resources/company-profiles/Wildlife-Technologies-764547

I know you're stuck on the WT, which is a good unit, but if Martz had a clue about your backstabbing of him, he'd probably blacklist you. Maybe he will call me just to do his homework on his most loyal customer...   :nofgr:    Don't worry, I'll have a new WT by the way, I'm just having somebody else buy it for me. Please make sure that you take this thread and run with it over at the Monster, Skeletor. You'll probably need some hugs from the gang and some words of wisdom from the coach to  help you respond. It's funny that the guy who raked you through the coals years ago is now your buddy. Or maybe you're just a mouthpiece.  You can go ahead with some lame jab about where I live too if you want, I gaurantee it's a great place to live and keeps me happy while I'm saving (imagine that) to build a new house. If you want to continue to take cheap shots at something you know nothing about, keep going, I love reading your nonsense.  Take your time, I have all the time in the world. Tell GZ, Skoal38, whoever I said Hi.

KySongDog

Somebody pass the salt...............  :corn:

weedwalker

Hey Semp, there's beer in the fridge. :biggrin:

alscalls

Quote from: weedwalker on November 26, 2008, 03:59:39 AM
           Hey Semp, there's beer in the fridge. :biggrin:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:We gotta have that dead horse.........Thats funny right there......... :corn:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

possumal

RShaw:  Sometimes the field staff receives items to field test prior to the release to the general public. The Scorpion is a good example. There were no pending issues with the FCC when the field staffers received their prototypes to test.  It is a different deal with the new Fury as the timing of production and getting the required FCC certification made it impossible to get them out to the field staff for prior testing.

Browning204-You have never seen me bash Minaska on this forum and you never will.  As far as your view of what the field staff does for Foxpro, it is not very clear and it sure isn't accurate.  The customers will have their contact with Foxpro and so will the field staff.  If the field staff comes up with suggestions that make sense, Foxpro will take them into consideration.  Same goes for valid suggestions from customers.  Foxpro always strives to do what is right for the customer both before and after the sale. Any pictures you see posted by any of the field staff of critters called in with the Fury will all be legitimate.

CCP-Foxpro would never hire the unmentionable one to work in their engineering department. You have to be a straight shooter to work in there, and he obviously is not. 

Nobody who posts on this forum should question me favoring Foxpro ecallers. I was using them long before being named to their field staff and singing their praises.

Good hunting to all of ya.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

RShaw

Possumal...Thanks for clearing that up. It was a serious question and not intended to start anything. I could care less what ecaller a person uses.

For those who care...It seems that JoshT might not have been Bill Martz afterall.

Randy

I place as much value on learning what not to do as I do in knowing what to do.

Rich

browning204,
Please don't lump all  FoxPro owners into one class. You are a trouble maker, and the world champion shit slinger. Maybe Jim Champion could award you with the World Champion  WCSS belt.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

nastygunz

In response to foxpro sounds.... i own an fx3.....aside from trying to figure out the battery charging situation in the beginning it has worked fine for me.....i do agree that the sounds are not very good in many cases...ive had some with static and some u could hear background noise....and i told the dillons this....i had to kind of pick and choose what sounds were clear...some day id like to hear a minaska and wt for comparison...i heard the new western rivers is the one to beat though !

browning204

Peter, show me where I ever back stabbed Martz. Other than saying that he is rough around the edges ( thats true) I think I have defended him plenty. If someone is cool to me then I am cool to them, Martz has always been cool to me.

And as far as your living situation, I believe someone else commented about that, I just commented how that was funny. I can go look to be exact.

Jim Champion, are you gonna have a  trophy made for me? If Rich says you should, then you should.

browning204

Peter, I went backed and checked.
The thread called "foxpro remote needs scrutiny"   The first page was a dedication to trash you I guess, the last post on the page talks about your living arrangements.

There are 2 more pages and not one single mention of it at all by anyone. So I don't know what your talking about! Sorry man.

I am waiting for you evidence of where I trash Martz........