• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

22-250 Bullets?

Started by Hidehunter, February 24, 2009, 03:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

I have a Ruger predator hunter in a 22-250 that I absolutely love.  It has a 1/12 twist and is a tack driver.  My favorite bullets so far are the Hornady V-Max 55gr pushed by IMR 4320 powder. (Havent tried Varget yet,  cant find any *Thanks Obama*).  I just recently got some of the Nosler Boat Tail Ballistic tips in 55 gr that I havent tried yet.  Any opinions?
Denver                                           

Yotehntr

That's what I use in my AR, They work great on the coyote's. And my gun seems to like them.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI just recently got some of the Nosler Boat Tail Ballistic tips in 55 gr that I havent tried yet.  Any opinions?

Hidehunter, those are the worst darn bullets on the market... shoot sideways, they do, can't hit anything.  :sad:
For safeties sake ya' might ought to send all of them to me. I'll be more than glad to dispose of them properly :eyebrownod: (one at a time, in front of a little Varget).  :laf:

Seriously, like yotehntr said, they are great coyote bullets. Nosler 55 BT's are about all I shoot out of my 22-250.   :wink:   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Hidehunter

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on February 24, 2009, 04:51:32 PM
For safeties sake ya' might ought to send all of them to me. I'll be more than glad to dispose of them properly :eyebrownod: (one at a time, in front of a little Varget).  :laf:

Thats why I love this forum... You guys are always there to help out.  :roflmao:
Denver                                           

riverboss

4895 is a great powder for the 22-250 i use 50gr vmax with 1-12 twist and it shoots tight groups.

getfoxy

My 12 twist 22-250 likes varget and 55g vmaxes awfully well. Have yet to try the noslers.  You might wanna try some h-380. I don't like spherical powders but it shot pretty well i'n mine.   

FinsnFur

My reload guy uses H-380 on my stuff (22-250) and Ive never had any probs with it. Of course I know nothing about it other then it works :laf:

And thats why he does my reloading. :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 29, 2010, 10:40:13 AM
And thats why he does my reloading. :laf: :laf:

He should probably do mine too :innocentwhistle:.

I ain't got a clue what went into my last ones  :wink:
Quote from: FinsnFur on December 29, 2010, 10:40:13 AMand Ive never had any probs with it.

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 29, 2010, 10:40:13 AMOf course I know nothing about it other then it works :laf:

9 out of 9 times :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

eliscomin

If you can't find Varget, you might try Reloader 15. Burn rates are pretty close, & Re 15 works well with Vmax's in my 12 twist Savage 22/250.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

getfoxy

The only reason I say that I dont like h-380 is because it dosent meter well in my dispenser.  Varget on the other hand meters like water.

Palegroe

What part of the country are you in Hidehunter?  At most of the shops around here the reloading stuff is back in stock now.  I bough 10 lbs of Varget a couple weeks ago and they had plenty more.  I have used the H380 and the IMR 4320 people make fun of it and its cheap but when I have trouble with metering in my high dollar powder droppers my $15 Lee dropper meters just about anything like a champ.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

Hidehunter

I'm in WV.  Everything is back on the shelf around here now.  Lol I started this thread in Feb. of 2009.  Back then the shelves around here were empty.
Denver                                           

KyBoarSlayer

Hidehunter,
H380 is an excellent powder for the 22 centerfires. I believe it got its name from 38.0 grains behind a 55 grain bullet.
Anyway, in my Remington 700 ADL Varmint, I use 39.5 gr behind the 52 gr Sierra SPT with excellent results. I also recently found a box of 1000 Speer 52 gr Hollow Points for around $100 at Sportsmans Warehouse. Ive just started experimenting with those, but they also do really well in front of the 39.5 gr of H380. They also blew large chunks of sod into the air at our last range session, that hollow point really blows up, expecially at 3700 fps   :biggrin: (over my Chrony).
Also, both of these bullets should be fur friendly, except maybe the hollow point above 3300...