• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hey possumal

Started by JohnP, August 16, 2009, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

As a FoxPro rep can you shed any light on their custom shop CS-24?  Have you hunted with one or know anybody who has ?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

They have to be ordered out of the Custom Shop.  Rich Cronk has said for a good while they needed to build a caller around the TOA speaker. Gary Clevenger is doing some tests with one he ordered and several other guys have made good reports on them.  They use the same remote as the Fury and the custom ordered Prairie Blaster. They do not have the Sequence mode, and I think that is true of the Foxfade feature. They have 4 GB memory and with the 24 bit sounds now available and the TOA speaker, you will get outstanding sound quality and volume. I believe it weighs 3.5 lbs. and runs on 10aa batteries.  It has an external speaker port if you want to take advantage of the stereo amp, and an auxiliary port for the JIB. 10 custom presets. $489.00. Here is a link to a view and description:

http://www.gofoxpro.com/product_custom.php
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

Thanks.  I been following Gary's review but would actually like to see and hear one.  Talked to Mike and Joe recently and they said they will have some to ship around the first of September.  I currently have a Scorpion and FX3, plus a Minaska All-In-One.  If'n I decide on the CS-24 I'll probably put the FX3 and/or Minaska up for sale. 

possumal

Hi John.  I am scheduled to receive one to field test.  I will post some reports once that happens.  It appears to be made really well, with the switch and antenna installed in a protected position.  I like the idea of the antenna being closer to the guts of the caller, less likely to hang the wires on the brush, etc..  True 24 bit sound and a FCC certification in plain view.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

Foxpro makes a lot of different callers.  What makes this one (CS-24) better than, say, a Fury or FX5?  And the CS-24 is about $100 cheaper than the Fury, right?  They use the same remote I think.   :confused:   

possumal

Hi Semp. I don't know if better is the right word.  It is different in the fact it is built into a TOA speaker.  It does not include Foxfade or the Sequence mode like the Fury.  If you want to operate it in stereo, you have to plug in an external speaker.  It operates on 10aa external battery pack, 24 bit sounds.  It was developed as a customer custom order like some of the other models, and what turned out was well received and they evidently decided to offer it to the public as a custom order choice. The reports I have received indicate great volume with total clarity.  I'll report more when I field test one. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

I agree that "better" probably wasn't the best word to use.  Sorry about that.   :wink:  It is just that it gets confusing trying to compare not only Foxpro within their own lineup, but also Minaska, WR, WT, Kanati tek, JS ..... basically all of the e-caller makers. 

When I see a new model I tend to think "well, this must be better than anything before it."   So I start trying to figure out why the new caller is better.  I wasn't aware there even was such a thing as "Foxfade" or "Sequence" mode. 

Of course, this dizzying array of callers means that a guy has lots of choices.  Which is a good thing me thinks.  But they are hard for me to figure out.

Sorry, JohnP, if I hijacked your thread...... I'll ease out now.  :biggrin:

MI VHNTR

I got my CS-24 a little while ago. It took 8 weeks to get it from the time that it was ordered. I haven't had it out hunting yet, due to projects around the house. I like the new remote and its features better than the FX3, FX5 and Scorpion units/remotes that I've previously owned. The sound volume/clarity seem better (to me anyway) than the previously owned units.
I've used the CS-24 to quiet down the neighbors dogs and it has worked well for this purpose.  :eyebrownod:
I'll start hunting with it in a month or so when the foliage is down.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

JohnP

No problem Semp, saved me from saying/asking the same thing.  I do believe your right in that they are all basically the same thing and might add they all will get the job done.   

JohnP

Quote from: possumal on August 17, 2009, 11:01:54 AM
Hi John.  I am scheduled to receive one to field test.  I will post some reports once that happens.  It appears to be made really well, with the switch and antenna installed in a protected position.  I like the idea of the antenna being closer to the guts of the caller, less likely to hang the wires on the brush, etc..  True 24 bit sound and a FCC certification in plain view.

You receive this thing yet?

possumal

Nope, but I know the time is getting close because of certain things told to me directly over the phone from Foxpro.  This is different from the Field Staff receiving the Fury caller to test, as it was developed as part of the normal new products coming out scenario, and it was the first ecaller to use the new FHSS technology.  After feedback is received from the Field Staff, changes are sometimes made prior to manufacturing units for sale to the general public.

This CS-24 is a development that sprang up as a result of a custom order received from a customer.  The FHSS TX-500 remote was already FCC certified and in use, and is furnished and used with the CS-24.  With all the guts of the caller elements housed in the cap of the TOA speaker, it does not include a couple of the features that are on the Fury such as Foxfade or Sequence Mode. It is cheaper to produce which explains the cheaper price as compared to the Fury or the upcoming Prairie Blaster. 

In summary, just because several models use the TX-500 remote with the FHSS technology, that doesn't mean that they are identical in features.  For instance, the stereo amplifier used in the Fury, the CS-24, and the upcoming Prairie Blaster are not identical.  People who heard the new Prairie Blaster at the Pennsylvania Show know how loud and clear it is.  I wish that Gary in Ca. would have had one of those units to use in his recent tests which he posted results about on Predator Wild forum.  In my opinion, he is to be complimented for the tests he has run on different ecallers. I feel that his testing methods were fair and not biased in any way.

Shoot me a pm with your phone number if you need more info.   Good hunting at ya!
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

possumal

John P. and all interested:  The CS-24 arrived this afternoon, and I have to saw WOW!!    It is so much more compact than I imagined and it is built extra good, well designed.  The sound is flat out great, and it plays the 24 bit sounds so good it is enough to make even an ancient marsupial shed a few tears .  It has been raining here all day so I couldn't have taken it to the hunting fields. I have to get my rechargeable aa batteries and do some rearranging to the sound orders, and then I'll give it what for.  I have taken a few pictures with it compared to a Fury to give you an idea of the size. It only weighs about 3 1/2 lbs. including the 10aa battery pack.  It has the best sound I have ever heard come out of any ecaller.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

slagmaker

If this had been out when I was purchasing my e-caller I would have gotten this one instead of the FX5 :doh2:.      Wana trade? I'll pay shipping :biggrin:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

JohnP

Thanks Al, think I'll wait for a field report.  One nice thing about the remote is that it appears that it could double for a ping-pong paddle.   :wink:

possumal

:doh2:  Damn, John P, I wish I had thought of that when I was field testing the Fury.  A little rough rubber epoxied to the back would have made it non slip when in your lap, and one hell of a slamming device in ping pong.   :laf: :laf:  Believe it or not, your choice, but the design of that remote makes it feel better in your hand than the TX-200.  A revised keypad will be available momentarily that makes it more user friendly with one hand (Guess who suggested that?  :laf:).

As for the field reports, a lot of guys on some other forums have already posted some good results, and Gary of Ca.'s reports are strong to the point.  I'll flat out predict here and now that the posts made from here out will be strong by both the Field Staff and the owner/users.  It has to cool down some for me to really get going.  Can't stand the bugs and the heat.  I admire you doing so, and avoiding those damned buzztails, all while nursing that foot.

Good hunting at ya.  Reports coming soon.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

Quote from: possumal on September 19, 2009, 09:53:34 AM
  Can't stand the bugs and the heat.  I admire you doing so, and avoiding those damned buzztails, all while nursing that foot.

Too hot even for the bugs, the rattlers stay in until the coolness of the evening.  My feet are telling me how foolish I was yesterday and extracting their vengeance last last and this morning.  I'll watch college football today and the Pro's tomorrow give it a go again Monday AM. 

possumal

John P, I know you are far more familiar with what those buzztails and other critters do than I could ever be, but I am so scared of snakes that even if a locust flew out of a yucca bush behind my head, I'd probably either have a heart attack or fall over backwards and impale my sorry possum butt on a yucca plant or cactus.  My luck would be that one of the biggest rattlers in the whole area would be suffering from some form of alzeimers and forget it wasn't cool enough for him to be out.  I break out in marsupial mange just thinking about it.  :madd: :madd: :laf:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff