• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Foxpro Spitfire

Started by KySongDog, September 17, 2009, 05:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I hear the Foxpro Spitfire is a new $200 caller coming out soon.  Has 24 programmable sounds.  There is no info on Foxpro's website.   Anyone know anything about this one?  Possumal??   :shrug:

FinsnFur

Loren is selling them on his website, I just put it in last night for him. There's a little write up in his store and a product pic.

http://www.reeselanyards.com
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

A bunch of posts on another forum or two.  Looks like a sure winner for the guys who want a quality piece of equipment for a low price.  It carries 24 sounds, and you can pop another sound card in with 24 different sounds real easily.  Performance and range of the remote is reportedly to be like the 416 caller, so according to those with experience with those units,  you can rely on good operation up to 100 yards and beyond. I don't know for sure the shipping dates.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

I had a 416, one of the dumbest thing I ever did was say yes when my daughter asked: " Hey dad since you got a new FX3 can I have the 416?"
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

The FX-3 remote gave people fits getting used to it after owning the previous models, mainly because the remote "Went to sleep" if you sat there for a certain period of time with no activity.  People had a tendency to forget that the first punch or click after it went to sleep just woke it up and you had to give it another command to actually do what you were trying to do like send a new sound.    I had no trouble at all out of it after about a week or so of hunting with it. The upgrade to the TX-200 remote when the FX-5 came out was one of the best advances to come along in the ecaller world ever, IMO.  4 presets ready with one click, and the recall button really gave you equivalent of 6 presets if you used it right.  The more recent upgrade to the Fury and TX-500 remote result in some user questions, but that is normal when something is upgraded.  Ten presets is way cool, and still being able to use the recall button to toggle between two sounds, totally independent of the ten presets is beyond cool.   I sort of compare changes of that type to moving up to a different computer with a different OS. It takes a while to learn the differences, but if you are the patient type, it is usually time well spent.   :confused: :laf:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

linemansteve

allpreadtorcalls.com  has it listed on their web site with a good description of it . They are saying a Oct. ship date. It's strange that it'd not on Foxpros website. I am definitely going to get one of these. Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

Silencer

QuoteI had a 416, one of the dumbest thing I ever did was say yes when my daughter asked: " Hey dad since you got a new FX3 can I have the 416?"

John, my oldest boy "borrowed" my 416B a month ago, wonder for how long ???  lol

HaMeR

The 416B I had was a heckuva good caller too. Never a problem with it at all.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11