• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I ani't seen the sunshine since I don't know when

Started by Okanagan, January 06, 2021, 07:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when
I'm stuck in a rain forest, and time keeps draggin' on

with thanks to Johnny Cash

The sun came out today, bright and clear.  Seems like two months since we had any sunshine, and may be that long or longer.  It has been a wet Fall, driveway the muddiest in the 23 years my son has lived here.  We had a few hours of weak sun though clouds a week ago.

But today, the sun came out!  Son and I walked a mile and a half and back to get a cup of coffee at a country store.  Then wife and I drove over to a park and walked a path along the bluff above salt water.  People out squinting, smiling, walking and riding bikes. 

Seattle buys more sun glasses per capita than anywhere else in the US, yet probably has less sunshine than any other major city.  The reason why is that people see bright sunshine so seldom that it hurts our eyes when the sun comes out!  Seriously!

nastygunz

We are in a good solid cold snap right now in the dream of spring time is a long ways off  :argh:

Hawks Feather

We have not seen the sun all year here in Northwest Ohio.  The weather guesser is saying maybe this weekend.

pitw

Clear as a bell here and has been warmer than average for more than a month. :argh:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

I don't think the sun ever disappears out here, been in the high sixties, low seventies for the past couple of months.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

chieftain

no sun here,been cloudy ,rain or snow for 8 days..they say sunday we might get some sunshine.....

chieftain

finally a full day of sunshine here..this is the first day of full sun since the day after xmas for here..

HaMeR

Not as bad here in East Central Ohio but today is a rare blue for us.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Looking good Glen.  It started the normal gray, but right now we have some sun.

HaMeR

Thats good Jerry! Spring is on its way. Patience my FnF Friends!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Quote from: HaMeR on January 14, 2021, 09:49:39 AM
Thats good Jerry! Spring is on its way. Patience my FnF Friends!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Yep, some kind of tree is budding outside my window, and one of our rhododendron bushes produced red flowers in December, and looks like it is prepping another batch of buds for spring.

We were supposed to have non-stop rain but it quit yesterday and I went calling for a bobcat after dark last evening, first time I've tried serious night calling.  Mostly learned from mistakes about gear and set ups.