• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Baitcasters

Started by FinsnFur, March 22, 2017, 08:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I've gotten so addicted to my new baitcaster from last year that I'm going to switch out my open faces.

I have a bunch of points from my local phone company which results in cash that can only be redeemed with Amazon. So I'm in the market for another rod n reel to carry in the kayak. Check this out

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That looks REALLY nice and your phone company gives you more points than I have ever heard of.

Jerry

FinsnFur

They dont give us near the points it would take for this. I'm hoping thats a typo. I have never in my life seen a tag like that on a reel anywhere. :huh:

On the points deal..we get one point for every dollar paid on the phone bill. Which is basically the landline, internet, and TV since they have the monopoly and it's all bundled.
Every 1000 points is worth $40. if you log in and redeem them. They used to send out debit cards. But now it's all cash codes for Amazon...AND they are ending the program at the end of March.
It dont take a genius to figure out that this undoubtedly means our phones bills are going up.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

While I get points on my credit cards and fuel points by shopping at Kroger,  I have never heard of getting them for phone.  I have the Spectrum/Time Warner bundle and I would love to get anything but a bill from them.

Jerry

Hawks Feather

Jim,

They are trying to rip you off.  You can get pretty much the same thing on the Garcia website for only $499.95.

Dave

Jerry,
not really ripping him off as he can use all those points he's accumulated by going through Amazon.  And with his Amazon Prime, the shipping is free and he has his reel in two days

pitw

A stick and string would be cheaper. :innocentwhistle:
Can't imagine paying more for a reel than a boat. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Im with Barry on this. 😎

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on March 23, 2017, 08:41:27 AM
Can't imagine paying more for a reel than a boat. :shrug:

I can imagine it, but I sure as heck am not going to do it.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

I was looking over a Cabelas add and saw rods and reel combinations.  I'm embarrassed to say that I am really out of touch with fishing equipment prices.  I'm still using a first year Ugly Stik and a Mitchel 300 open face reel.  Figure I had under $50 in the whole set.  Now they want a lot more than that.  Hope my gear holds out. 
As a small boy I inherited my Dad's only fishing pole and reel.  It was a steel one piece Pflueger rod, with a bait casting reel.  Dad only went fishing once in his life before I was born.  I can still remember the horrendous birds nests I would get in that reel with every cast!  Spent more time working out the tangle than fishing!  Proud to say I graduated to a Zebco 202 reel later on. LOL!  The Mitchel 300 and Ugly stik were the ultimate back in the day. 

Dave

nastygunz

Im sill partial to a Mitchell reel👍

FinsnFur

Those are still good set ups Dave.
I look at bass fishing like duck hunting. There is huge clientele there in both sports and they will pay absolutely anything if they are convinced they have the best piece of equipment available.

Your a call maker. Can you tell us why some duck calls are between 3 and 4 hundred dollars?
Neither can anyone else. lol

I dont fall for the price structuring for the elite. 😉

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

I have a $100 Pfluger reel on a $70 Pfluger rod. I like the combone but I mostly fish with Abu Garcia rods and Mitchell open face.

But I also recently inherited my sisters fishing gear. Lot of ugly stiks and assorted zebco stuff.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.