• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Alaskan Moose Hunt (part four)

Started by iahntr, September 22, 2010, 10:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

Our next excursion was to gear up again and head to the high country.
I don't think there's anything that could stop this set up !  :eyebrow:

A nice spot to pull over and snap a pic.

A couple pics of the pipeline.

A few more scenery shots along the way.

So the plan was to head in to a nice mountain lake and spend a little time fishin out of the canoe,
and do a little more huntin. The first spot we tried to pull in wasn't wide enough  to unload the Argo
and to leave the truck and trailer there, so we went just around the corner and saw a camper sitting
up in this pull out and thought it looked like a good spot to leave the truck and trailer. When we pulled
in we saw that camper with a couple trucks, looked over and saw another few campers and trucks,
down the creek a ways and another truck with an empty trailer there, then in whips 3 women on two
4 wheelers and they were hunting there and said they were waiting for another group to pull in.
     :shock2:   Grand Central freakin Station !  :madd:  After some deliberation we came to the conclusion
that there wouldn't be a critter around for miles, so we turned around and headed back. After several
close calls with moose on the way home, because the grass is always greener, closest to the road ya know !  :nono:
and some caffeine along the way we pulled back in some time after midnight. On the bright side, the Northern Lights
were incredible on the way home. We tried to pull over and snap a couple shots but they didn't turn out.

enough again for tonight, I'll finish it up tomorrow.   

Scott

Tikaani

My only comment is that three women on ATVs dressed in camo, carrying guns is just as sexy as it sounds.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

iahntr

I was gonna mention that, but was curious if you'd jump in there.  :laf:
Scott

pitw

If'n you don't finish this trip before i leave to go fishing at 2:30 I'm gonna miss it.  Anyway congrats on a great critter[I hope] and thanks for the time you spent posting so far. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

If you want to take aurora pics you need a tripod and a slow shutter speed
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

How come you didnt take a pic of the woman on the four wheelers :laf:
I know I've said this before but I have to say it again. The pics of those snow covered mountains are so mesmerizing  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

Awesome pics. Someday I hope to visit Alaska too. Umm, how did you end up with 2 "part four" ?  :confused: :biggrin: Just had to tease you a little because I'm sooooo jealous.  :alscalls:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

iahntr

Sorry Barry  :laf: and Thanks  :biggrin:
yeah Slag, they were so cool I thought I'd try a few different ways anyhow, none of em worked  :laf:
yeah Jim, two times I was too slow with the camera on this trip  :doh2:   :laf: and I agree on the mountain pics, very cool.
Thanks Art, and yeah, I didn't even catch the part four and part five thing  :nono:
Scott

vvarmitr

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 24, 2010, 05:25:21 AM
How come you didnt take a pic of the woman on the four wheelers :laf:
Yeah! WTH!!!   :madd:
Quote from: Tikaani on September 22, 2010, 10:54:40 PM
My only comment is that three women on ATVs dressed in camo, carrying guns is just as sexy as it sounds.
Guess I'll have to take your word for it!  :iroll:
:laf:

iahntr

:laf:
You all will just hafta use your imaginations.  :biggrin:
Scott