• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

WV bear tracks!

Started by Frogman, December 03, 2008, 10:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

While deer hunting today 12/3/08 we found these in the road.  They extended for several hundred yards. 

That's a .308 cartridge.

These were in some softer soil over 200 yards from the others.  Lots of other prints between these two, but were not as clear and distinct.

The bear must have had a leisurely stroll down the road recently.  The well tender says he has seen three different ones in the area.

Still didn't see any horns???

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

Jim, They do have a bear rifle season this month in WV and they have recently added a bunch of counties you should look and see if the county your hunting is open It opens Monday Dec. 8th. without dogs very near us :eyebrow:
http://www.wvdnr.gov/Regulations/hunting_hrBearArchFire.shtm
Sounds like you need to get out of that tree stand and hunt on the ground somewhere else. Like your yard :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

LORDDAL

wow glad to see I want the only one tracking bears yesterday while I was out found bear yote bobcat and deer tracks only thing was they were all empty tracked the ole bear for over a mile before I got bored and thought wait im only packin a 223 what am I doing and went back to calling for the yotes no luck there either and only deer I saw were skinheads as usuall
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FinsnFur

I'd look for a new place to deer hunt :sad3:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

LORDDAL

only 1 bad part about that Jim this was my fall back spot what with all the snow and Ice around here and my car though i does good in snow I dont really feel like hiking back out if I get hung up I NEED A TRUCK  :eyebrow: I have had to go back to huntin places I havent been in for years because its all I can get to thus no scouting done but was fun trackin that bear and yote and even the ole bobcat now he or the yote would of been in a world of hurt but the bear I dont know if I would want to shoot one with an ar15
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Okanagan

Great photos!  Thanks.

I keep intending to ask Jim about a topic dedicated to tracks.  We could build a photo file of tracks.  I sometimes chase around the Internet trying to identify a track that I've seen.   

I have a photo of a grizzly front track I just posted in another thread so we can compare with the black bear.  The main difference is the distance that the claws extend out in front of the toes.