• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Good news and bad news

Started by Jimmie in Ky, October 11, 2009, 10:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmie in Ky

How do ya want it ? :eyebrow:

Good news first I guess. The ground cover problem may not be as bad as we thought it might. As things die down you can see a bit more than just shotgun distance fairly well. Also, all the fords I have seen were cleaned up and easy crossing. Roads have been graded and widened in many areas. Coyote population is about the same as last year, not a big pup crop but it looks like many survivors in fairly good health. Scats full of honey locust pods and hoppers fr the most part.

The bad news is they graded the roads! They are a mess down the middles because thya shoved everything up in the middles. Soft and full of ruts on the gravel roads. If the weather settles and it quits raining so much they should settle pretty good by february. I hope   :fingerx:

Met Wked up there today and showed him around some. I think he enjoyed the trip just a little bit   :wink: Jimmie

KySongDog

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on October 11, 2009, 10:35:22 PM
Coyote population is about the same as last year, not a big pup crop but it looks like many survivors in fairly good health. Scats full of honey locust pods and hoppers fr the most part.

About the same?  I was thinking with no hunting last February more of those critters would have survived.   :confused:   :shrug:

Or are you saying hunting has no effect on coyote populations?   :confused:   

Jimmie in Ky

Your forgetting about dispersal Semp. Most of the pups from last yea have moved elsewhere if they could. Haven't done any howling yet to see if there are any new groups.  Most litters look to have four or five in them from the sign. Our oldfriend survived it looks like and has a slightly diferent pattern rightnow, that may cange with some pressure.  f his pups keep doing what they are doing now they can be taken off the left trail with a west wind. Jimmie