• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's LBL2013 pics #1

Started by Frogman, February 07, 2013, 06:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

My hunting buddy Jon and I arrived at Wranglers about 3:00 pm on Thursday.

We unloaded the truck and got set up in the cabin.  Warmed up some vegetable soup in the crock pot for dinner.  Then we headed out to do some scouting and try to locate some coyotes.  We did locate three packs that evening!  Went to bed early planning to get up early and get after the coyotes.  It got really cold overnight and started snowing.

Our first stand on Friday morning was near where we had located coyotes the evening before.  Temp was about 17 degrees with a light snow on the ground.  We hit pay dirt on the first stand!  Jon was calling with distress sounds on his mouth call and I was set up about 40 yards down the hill to his front right.  After about 25 minutes I heard something coming and almost immediately saw a coyote coming right at me off to my left front.  I got the scope on him and waited for him to clear a tree and fired at about 30 yards.  Fur down!  I kept the scope on him to see if he needed another round, but he didn't even twitch.  I had hit him right in the head.  Jon called this coyote right into my lap!

And Jon with the call he was using!  Thanks Jon!!

Wow! It's still exciting to get a coyote down!

After taking the pictures we heard another coyote up the holler from us.  We got back on stand and tried to call this coyote with no success.  She was probably the mate of the male I killed??  We were excited and thinking we were going to have a great week with lots of coyotes called.  Went on to do more stands.

Here's the truck on a typical LBL two track road . . .

And some cardinals that tempted my camera . . .

Look for more pictures in Frogman's LBL2013 pics #2

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Jim, that is as good looking a coyote as I have seen from LBL.  Glad you guys had a good time.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Uhadme@gobble

FinsnFur

Yep, nice job. Kudos to your caller too :congrats:
The cardinal pic is cool too. You can tell you used the camera to suck those in from a distance, and it looks cool.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com