• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's LBL2014 pics #1

Started by Frogman, February 06, 2014, 07:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Guys here are some photos from the 2014 LBL hunt.  Jon and I got there about 8:30 PM on Monday evening.  After unloading our gear at the cabin we went out to scout a little and try to locate some coyotes.  We saw lots of tracks and were able to get a pack to respond to the siren.  We were excited to get out and do some sands on Tuesday morning.  We did 6 sets on Tuesday morning.  Here are some photos from those stands . . .

You will notice the suppressor on my rifle.  It is a recent acquisition and I was hoping to be able to use it at LBL.  KY allows the use of suppressors to hunt, but I wasn't sure about LBL??  A call to the Law Enforcement office there got me permission to use the suppressor.   As long as you have your paperwork with you!

Some more photos of our stands . . .

Above is Jon doing some calling.

Some of the ice on the trees and branches.  We stayed out til about 1:00 PM when it really started raining freezing rain! 

Following are some photos of the guys back at the camp . . .

Ed's (weedwalker) coyoote.

Trying to get a fire going.

The ice on a tree on Tuesday afternoon!

The power went out Tuesday evening about 4:00 PM.  We spent the evening BSing and trying to stay warm.  Miserable night bundled up in the sleeping bags trying to stay warm.   As Jon and I were heading out to do some  stands on Wednesday morning Richard waved us over to his cabin and we got the word that many roads were blocked by falling trees and branches.  Later the Ranger came by with the bad news and most of us decided to head back home.  Jon and I left about 11:00 AM and got back to Parkersburg about 8:30 PM.  The LBL get together is something I really look forward to each year!  At least we got to chat with some of the guys and got in a few stands.  We were disappointed about the nasty weather.  Jon and I may try to go back down for a few days before the end of February if the weather moderates and everything works out so we can return?

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.  I just wish there were more!?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Great pictures, Froggie.  You made good use of your time there. It is a shame the weather messed you guys up.  When it gets all that ice on limbs, etc., it is time to get out of there as you did.  Hope you get to go back later in the month.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Wow....thats gonna go down as the shortest LBL hunt in world history. That really sucks, but I'm glad everyone was safe.
Thanks for the pics Jim
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

well bummer on having to leave but at least a coyote was harvested so the LBL wasnt a compleat bust. 

how much does your supressor help with the report on your bang stick?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Frogman

Slag,

The suppressor reduces the report of the .223 by about 3/4 s.  It sounds kind of like a drawn out .22 long rifle.  My hearing has been damaged by all the shooting I do and with the suppressor I can shoot the AR without hearing protection when I'm hunting!  I still wear hearing protection when shooting it at the range because the shelter cover at the range amplifies the sound.  Also when night hunting here in WV the suppressor greatly reduces the blinding muzzle flash!

Sorry we didn't get to partake of your excellent cooking.  The Saturday evening get together and meal is always the highlight of the LBL hunt!

Jim

JohnP

Thanks for the pictures.  Could someone put some names with the faces?  A couple look like faces I seen at the Post Office.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

gravesco hunter

Well I was going to wish every body good luck on the LBL hunt,but I guess i'm too late,sorry about the weather for yall but seems like this winter has been the worst in many years,maybe we will have a normal winter next year

KIMBERMAN

Sorry to here your hunt got cut short. was really looking forward to meeting some of yall on Saturday night. I am a local guy and last year me and some friends were hunting lbl and heard about the gathering on Saturday night, so we stopped by and really enjoyed meeting some of the guys. We were really looking forward to coming again this year to get to know more of yall. God willing we are still going to try and hunt Saturday. If we have any success I'll post some pics. It's 19 degrees here right know and they are calling for 1 - 3" of snow tonight.

Frogman

In the pictures with some of the guys (6 pictures) following are the names.  If I get someone wrong, please jump in here and help out!

Picture #1 on the front porch left to right are;  ???, Topdog (Jeremy), CCP (Richard Baxter), Semp (Johnny).

Picture #2 at the fire pit left to right are;  Jason, weedwalker (Ed),  CCP (Richard Baxter), topdog (Jeremy), and Semp (Johnny).

Picture #3 at the vehicle left to right are;  Semp (Johnny), hillbilly (Jon Martin), weedwalker (Ed).

Picture #4 on the front porch left to right;  ???, topdog (Jeremy), hillbilly (Jon Martin), CCP (Richard),  Semp (Johnny), ???.

Picture #5 on the porch left to right;  hillbilly (Jon), riverboss (Dan), ???, topdog (Jeremy).

Picture #6 at vehicles;  Jason and weedwalker (Ed).

Jim

slagmaker

If I may ask where did you get your suppressor? I have to double check but I believe we may use them in Indiana as well, With proper paperwork. and the idea of holding the noise down appeals to me.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Frogman

Slagmaker,

I am active in my local rifle club and one of our members is a Class III dealer.  I ordered the suppressor from him.  It is a YHM Titanium .223 caliber suppressor and I have close to $900.00 in it and the tax stamp.  He gave me a really good deal!!  Had the suppressor in about 3 weeks.  Took 10 months to get the paperwork back.  In the meantime the suppressor stayed in the dealer's gun safe???  I do concealed carry classes and lead scuba trips to make extra money for my toys!!  I had to put an adjustable gas block on the rifle because the back pressure from the suppressor over gassed the rifle and I was getting quite a bit of gas coming out around the charge handle.  Works great now!!  Wildwildwest on this forum was a big help in my decision to order the suppressor.  I think he has several of them and knows more about them than I do!

Jim   

Coulter

What, nobody has any snow camo down there :confused:?

Cool addition to your gun there with the suppressor.

Glad to hear everybody made it out of LBL okay, sorry to hear about it being cut so short this year. More yotes for next year I guess :yoyo:

Steve