• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My New Toys

Started by weedwalker, February 23, 2014, 02:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Got a yellow WS Ride 115 for my wife and a mango WS Ride 115 X for me. Planning on doing a lot of river fishing this year.

Sent With Tapatalk

gravesco hunter

Sounds like a plan ,good luck,nice looking rigs

CCP

Put a quarter in the picture for size reference.

All jokes aside that looks like a cool way to fish. We will need lots of fishing pictures this spring while the bass are bedding.

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."  Adolf Hitler
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Okanagan

You're gonna love it!  Most fun toy I ever bought is my kayak.

Put a lanyard on EVERYTHING   :biggrin:  (don't ask how I know)  :innocentwhistle: and tie it to the boat with some kind of clip or quick release.

HaMeR

Those do look like a lot of fun Ed!! You 2 are gonna enjoy the water this year for sure!! And somehow I think I might know why you need to lanyard everything to the boat.   :innocentwhistle:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Okanagan and Glen, this isn't my 1st kayak. I've got clips, cords and keepers for everything I take out with me. I don't intend to flip, but I do plan for it. Stability was the main reason I bought these Wilderness Systems Ride 115s. If the guys in this video can do all this stuff in a 115 I know I won't have any trouble sitting in it fishing lakes and slow moving rivers.
These are 11 1/2' kayaks with a 500# capacity. They are small looking in the picture, but there's enough leg room for somebody 9' tall.

coyote101

Ought to be great fun Ed.  :biggrin: Keep that camera on a short lanyard so you don't miss any photo ops.  :eyebrownod:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Stability is good, especially for men our age!   :wink:   I chose mine for fishing and some hunting stability as well.  Not quite as fast but fits my uses.   There are three rivers where I've planned to float hunt for deer, but didn't get to it this Fall and may never.  Takes some logistics to have people drop me off and pick me up way down river, one to three days later.

Our water and weather are so cold and rainy year round that I got a sit inside, but in your country would definitely have a sit on top like yours.   I love to paddle in the rain, snug and warm with spray skirt and hooded rain jacket.  Is it too warm in your area to wear part of a wet suit?

slagmaker

way cool!

i have three creeks near me that kayak fishing in for smallies would just be a blast.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Todd Rahm

That's cool Weed! We picked up yaks for the wife an two kids lady year, I have been holding out to get a good fishing yak.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Nice!
Can't wait to see some pics off it!

Hawks Feather

That looks stable, but I bet I could take a tumble out of it while fishing.  I am glad that you have it and like others will await further 'action' pictures.

Jerry

riverboss

Looks good Ed im going to get one also this summer for fishing the licking river here at home. Good luck and keep it uprite.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

KySongDog

Thanks, Ed.   Now you given me kayak fever.    :doh2:   

That looks like too much fun to pass up.   :laf:

nastygunz

Waterfowlinng in a kayak  :yoyo: